How to get the leather to oxidise faster?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got my new bag yesterday ekkkk :nuts:

Noooowwww for my speedy 30 and my delightfull GM it took around 2 month ( I take them out in all weather conditions ) to oxidise ect, would anyone no how to get the leather on the bag e.g handles/leather to turn darker faster????Its just right now 1st the bag just looks odd and 2nd because its brand new to me it really does look as if I got it from a market lol.....I would do a reveal but I dont have a clue how to upload pics (Louis Vuitton carryall)

2. Set the bag in a sunny window!

3. wow I never want mine to oxidize. But sun will do it.

4. Im afraid there will be no sun untill next year not in england sooo im stuffed :sad:

5. A desk lamp will work, too. Non-fluorescent bulb.... I like mine suntanned, too!

6. Thankyou!!!I was going to damp it over with a slightly wet clothe...Yeah I think they look better tanned.With the leather being nearly white I feel as if I have to be really carefull when it comes to marks ect

7. I just bought the lovin my bags mineral shield, and in addition to being a fantastic stain repellent, it also darkened the vachetta quite a bit.

8. I cleaned the vachetta if my NF with baby wipes just last week and it darkened a bit.

9. Iv just done that and let it dry.Im going to keep on going over it, thats what made me speedy go darker.....and rain :smile: