How to get Suede soft again after water damage!?

cherubicanh

Spicy
Dec 13, 2006
All right. So I got water on my Michael Kors Suede boots. And now it's dried!:sweatdrop: I've tried buying some spray to fix it, but it's a no go. So now I have this great pair of boots with a patch of sandpaper on it...that's what it feels like. Does anyone know how I can get it back to suede...soft again? Or if it's possible! Help! Here are some pics.

2rqg8zq.jpg

vhow4.jpg

Have you tried a suede brush?? You can buy a special two sided suede nubuck brush for cleaning from any place that sells protectant spray. One side is a brush and the other is harder rubber compound that looks like pumice. I dropped a suede handbag in a terrible rainstorm and I was able to get it looking almost as good as it did before I dropped it. Also, after you clean it make sure you treat the heck out of it.

Good luck.

either that...or bring them to a high-end hotel and get your shoes shined :smile: they have all the brushes and will make it like new.

Yeah, that's a great idea! I had my boots shined and buffed to an amazing sheen for a nominal fee. I think he guy did a better job than the cobbler! Of course, he received a hefy tip...I was very impressed!