How to get rid of musty smell inside the bag?

Haven't use my Selma bag for over a year and found it got some musty smell inside the bag. How can I get rid of this smell?:confused1:
I was going to suggest a dryer sheet but I remember that I could never find any when I was in Australia, so, as another comment mentioned, try baking soda. In a cheesecloth or old sock/stocking mix together a few spoonfuls of baking soda, a pinch of salt, some cream of tartar, and your choice of fresh coffee grinds/citrus peel/mint, etc. Tie the little bundle up and toss inside your bag for a day or so and it'll be fresh as a daisy.

I was going to suggest a dryer sheet but I remember that I could never find any when I was in Australia, so, as another comment mentioned, try baking soda. In a cheesecloth or old sock/stocking mix together a few spoonfuls of baking soda, a pinch of salt, some cream of tartar, and your choice of fresh coffee grinds/citrus peel/mint, etc. Tie the little bundle up and toss inside your bag for a day or so and it'll be fresh as a daisy.
Thanks for the baking soda tip

Oh..so many ingredients:nuts:
I bought this baking soda, it said it can be use for absorb smell..hopefully it will work!

IMG_3458.JPG

Reactions: cdtracing
Oh..so many ingredients:nuts:
I bought this baking soda, it said it can be use for absorb smell..hopefully it will work!

View attachment 3597408

Not to be funny but don't Australians normally use baking soda for deodorizing, especially inside the refrigerator or a closet? I did it when I was down there for studies and my roommates looked at me like I grew a third arm. I also remember asking for dryer sheets (the cashier at Wooly's thought that I didn't know how to use a clothes dryer and proceeds to explain that bed sheets naturally take longer because they're heavier), perogies (essentially a Ukrainian dumpling - roommate thought it was an STD), and root beer (North American carbonated drink similar to sarsaparilla - was told I had to go to bottle-o if I wanted booze):lol: Had to be one of the best "culture shocks" of my life. Good times!

Reactions: missconvy
Not to be funny but don't Australians normally use baking soda for deodorizing, especially inside the refrigerator or a closet? I did it when I was down there for studies and my roommates looked at me like I grew a third arm. I also remember asking for dryer sheets (the cashier at Wooly's thought that I didn't know how to use a clothes dryer and proceeds to explain that bed sheets naturally take longer because they're heavier), perogies (essentially a Ukrainian dumpling - roommate thought it was an STD), and root beer (North American carbonated drink similar to sarsaparilla - was told I had to go to bottle-o if I wanted booze):lol: Had to be one of the best "culture shocks" of my life. Good times!
Lol..I think probably best to ask my mum! She is the one doing all cleaning at home:biggrin: I've heard people use baking soda for deodorising but I never use it before..hehe.

Lol..I think probably best to ask my mum! She is the one doing all cleaning at home:biggrin: I've heard people use baking soda for deodorising but I never use it before..hehe.
It works exceptionally well since it's so absorbent. If you find your freezer/fridge is starting to get a little smelly just open a box of baking soda and put it inside; within a day or so the fridge will smell fresh and there won't be any flavour transferring between foods. Same applies to closets or other areas that don't get a lot of airflow and as a result get stuffy - a mix of baking soda, some table salt, and fresh coffee grinds will do the trick and leave the air smelling pleasant. You'll need to rotate the baking soda about once a month or so.

Things I've tried are

a ziplock bag filled with coffee beans, fabric softener (I'd take a couple and rub the inside and fabric a frequently, and then of course baking soda.

All have worked they just take time in my experience. Good luck!

Just an updated. The baking soda works really well! All the smell gone but it takes time!
It works exceptionally well since it's so absorbent. If you find your freezer/fridge is starting to get a little smelly just open a box of baking soda and put it inside; within a day or so the fridge will smell fresh and there won't be any flavour transferring between foods. Same applies to closets or other areas that don't get a lot of airflow and as a result get stuffy - a mix of baking soda, some table salt, and fresh coffee grinds will do the trick and leave the air smelling pleasant. You'll need to rotate the baking soda about once a month or so.

I recently purchased a mbmj bag on eBay, the seller failed to mention the absolutely disgusting smoke smell....

It was INSANE!! Very strong

I used this:
IMG_1497005448.067841.jpg

Applied to every nook and cranny of the bag, then hang outside to air all day...

I repeated the process at least 6x
And the smell has disappeared!!

The great thing is, it doesn't replace the smell, it removes it!! Highly recommended!! Hope it's available in USA

It also didn't effect the leather at all!

Reactions: Nan246

I'm going to try this today!!! Thank you!!!