How to get PP to release funds if you have a tracking #?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Hello everyone. I have a completed transaction that PP is holding my funds from - anyway I read if you have a valid completed tracking number (and thereby prove delivery) then you can get the funds sooner. I looked all over my PP page and evilbay and can't figure out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated! :flowers:

I have that same problem. Paypal says they will hold the funds until a) 21 days have passed without a complaint from the buyer or b) buyer leaves positive feedback. Hope that helps!

^^I read that too, however they also say they'll release it if you have a tracking number and can prove delivery. I have a signature confirmation of delivery, so it seems like there should be somewhere to enter that info and have my money released, right?!

Typically, Beaux, it's either buyer leaves POS feedback or seller provides trackng # proving delivery and ask that funds be released. CALL PP & give them the tracking # as proof of delivery. May still take them a few days. What a PITA!

did you put the tracking number in PP?? all you have to do is call them under "contact us"....the PP rep will check the confirmation and release the funds...i just had the same thing monday...the pp guy released my funds while i was still on the phone

I use paypal's shipping label service to print my shipping labels so paypal has the tracking number already. It's really funny how sometimes they hold money and sometimes they don't. They held money for a 100 coach bag I sold on ebay, but I recently sold a pair of CLs for 466 and they didn't hold it.

I'd call them after you see on tracking it's been delivered and they should "unhold" it for you.

Best of luck!

They will release it 72 hrs after delivery is made, even if you put the tracking info into ebay, I have still needed to call them to put through the release on the third day

I sold a pair of CLs back in November and the buyer just reversed the payment! I submitted tracking info last Monday and still have not gotten my funds back from PP for this transaction even though I had delivery confirmation with UPS. Does anyone know how long PP can hold this up even with documentation and delivery confirmation?

did you put the tracking number in PP?? all you have to do is call them under "contact us"....the PP rep will check the confirmation and release the funds...i just had the same thing monday...the pp guy released my funds while i was still on the phone

^^Thanks so much. I called them with my signature confirm number and they released the money. :yahoo:

Still a crummy system though I say!

^^I read that too, however they also say they'll release it if you have a tracking number and can prove delivery. I have a signature confirmation of delivery, so it seems like there should be somewhere to enter that info and have my money released, right?!
Actually, they SAY that, but they still hold it the 21 days even if you call and can show them the proof of delivery if it was an ebay purchase. I HATE THEM HOLDING MONEY RANSOM. They certainly take their cut out on the front side as soon as payment hits.

edit: saw your post, I wonder if it was b/c I didn't have signature confirmation (wasn't wise about that at the time)

I sold a pair of CLs back in November and the buyer just reversed the payment! I submitted tracking info last Monday and still have not gotten my funds back from PP for this transaction even though I had delivery confirmation with UPS. Does anyone know how long PP can hold this up even with documentation and delivery confirmation?

I think your situation is different from OP's since the transaction was in last November. Have you called PayPal? I hope it's not a case of charge back from buyer's credit card.