How to get into the college?

konejohuq

Mar 3, 2022
Hi All! I want to get a BA in Fashion History. Have any of you chosen this major? I just want to hear recommendation from experienced ones. I know that all applicants are required to submit admission essays/personal statements, so what should I include in my paper to increase my chances of being accepted?

I think for admission essays and personal statements, it is important to discuss your strengths as a student, and how the school can help you further excel and grow with those strengths.

Also, I think telling an important story about your life that helped shaped you to be the person you are today is great as well. Of course, these are things that should be relevant to the curriculum and objectives of the program you are applying for.

Thank you, Yoshi1296. I recently found a personal statement writing guide and some points in your answer match the info stated there. Are you a professional writer?

Writing guides are always helpful, use them!

Thank you so much for the kind words. haha I'm not a professional writer, but I have worked for a college admissions department in the past so I have a good idea of what we tend to look for. Each school and each department is very different though.