How to get a flawless face?

I have good skin, and I can get my flawless face down to 2 steps - a good primer, and a nice powder foundation buffed on with a kabuki brush.

My favorite primer is actually a drugstore buy - L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base. I find that it mattifies my skin and makes it more "velvety" than Smashbox Photo Finish, which always felt slightly slick to me.

For foundation, using a powder type eliminates a step for me. My favorites are Laura Mercier powder foundation and MAC Studio Fix. I take a good, dense kabuki brush (like Bare Escentuals full coverage kabuki) and buff the product on over my primer.

If you prefer liquid or cream/mousse foundation - which I do in the winter - use a duo-fiber or stippling brush (ELF stipple, MAC 187) and watch some YouTube videos to pick up the stipple technique, which gives a really airbrushed finish. For luminous, flawless skin, I would look for foundations that use words like "luminous" or "sheer." I don't think you need full coverage. Then apply a translucent loose powder (I like Coty Airspun from the drugstore, or Clinique blended loose powder) over the foundation.

I do use blush or bronzer, eyeshadow, and a couple of other products on top of this. But as far as my actual "face" goes, I very rarely use concealers, correctors, highlighters, etc.
Where do you find a Kabuki Brush?

A lot of people tell me I have flawless skin :love:
I just use DiorSkin sculpt concealer and Yves Saint Laurent Matt Touch compact. The concealer has a ton of coverage to cover and red areas and doesn't get oily throughout the day. The YSL Matte Touch is just my holy grail because my skin is prone to getting oily quickly (if I use Dior or MAC compact)--it keeps my skin smooth and silky ALL day. The two formulas go great together and any spots of redness disappear.

I love Dinair airbrush system. It really gives you a flawless face. My HG foundation is YSL teint resist and Chanel mattelumiere. I have oily skin most of the year and dry during winter. Hth! :smile:

I like to use Chanel Vita Lumiere aqua. I'm young and have normal skin, no spots, wrinkles etc.
I use benefit erase paste ( a concealer with highlighter) under my eyes.
Nars orgasm blush for day or Desire for night with a tiny bit of Nars Copacabbana highlighter stick on my cheeks and brow bones.

I find this makes my skin look flawless and glowy without looking washed out in the winter.

In summer I also use a bronzer.

I know you didn't ask about eyes, but I wear a shimmery white shadow like MAC forgery all over my lid and this stops my eyes looking tired. I use a smokey grey like MAC Knight Devine in the crease for nighttime, or a shimmery bronze ( because I have blue eyes) for daytime.

You didn't mention your skin tone but I learned this look from a makeup artist and it looks good with pale, cool toned blondes with blue eyes..if your colouring is different, I would be happy to suggest some shades for you if you would like.

I brought it down to as basic as possible. I first use Eucerin moisturizer (the thick kind actualyy but of course trial and error for everyone), bare minerals (ulta brand is great too) which I mix myself for perfect match and loose powder. and Voila! Touch up powder throughout the day and maybe an oil blotter sheet half way through the day and people mention my skin alot (and I am forty with no work done). I actually went for a consult for botox and they take all kinds of pics of your face and under the first layer of skin (the sunspot pic) and she said it "sees" through the makeup so i didnt have to take it off. She said people strive to have skin like mine but I bet if I took off my makeup (which is only 3 easy steps) it would have been a different story. The moisturizer is for long term health of my skin and helps the mineral makeup stay on my skin so it double duty. Mineral veil can be used for an added airbrushed look. Plus mineral makeup is very healthy for your skin so in the long run, it is a benefit. Sorry so long but I finally have it down to a science. Good luck!

krazydaisy said:
I use a stippling brush for my foundation and I set it with mufe hd powder

Omgosh!! I was watching some YouTube vids today and they were all using one of these.. Tmrw I'm off to buy one..

Sent from my iPhone!!!

Thank you to everyone who responded to my previous thread. After 3 months, $200, and countless hours at every makeup counter and drugstore in a 40 miles radius, I finally got my flawless face. It's not quite perfected, but I am practicing and will surely get there before the snow melts.

Products:

Skin Care:
  • Salicylic acid astringent
  • Daytime moisturizer with SPF and antioxidents
  • Nighttime moisurizer (Nivea or Cetaphil, just because it's so darn dry this time of year
  • Retinol/antioxidant serum

Make-Up:
  • Foundation applied down the center of my face and around nose/mouth
  • Concealer to attack red areas that the foundation just doesn't cover: eyelids, under eyes, lip edges, miscellaneous spots
  • Half a pin drop of liquid blush
  • Finishing powder
  • Eyeliner for a winged-eyeliner shape
  • Brow pencil
  • Mascara
  • Lipstick and pencil, or just tinted lip balm. Yes, the pencil really extends the life of the lip product, and yes, gloss over lipstick really gives the lips an extra dimension. Sigh.

I'd really like to add a highlighter to my brow bone, but haven't found one I like yet. (Becca's is too expensive.) And in the summer I am sure I will need a mattifying primer down my T-zone, but that's a few months off yet.

For the highligher, I just got the new Benefit one, Watts up!, and I love it. Congrats on the new routine. It took me months to get mine (almost) perfected. yeah!

My flawless face routine is quite similar to yours!

I had purchased MUFE duo-mat powder because it is well reviewed on make-up alley - but the ingredient list scared me (do I really want to be putting all that on my face daily when there is a natural alternative which is better?)

So I'm using Bare Minerals Matte foundation - I think I may be in between shades and will need to mix in another shade to get my perfect match. (I was using Everyday Minerals before but shipping to Canada is a pain and they've discontinued the pressed powder line I was using).

My routine:
-well moisturized skin (key for powder foundations - it can combine with your moisturizer so that your end result is a cream foundation) - I use Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer
-buff mineral make-up in using Sephora 45 mineral powder brush or Bare Minerals Handy Buki brush
-Apply MAC studio finish under my eyes (can't use it on my face - it makes me break out)
-optional:
- tinted mineral veil - really gives an airbrushed look and looks amazing in photos
- set powder foundation with a mist of Evian spray

I've read that Bare Minerals has the "rare minerals" ingredient - so am looking forward to it improving the quality of my skin as I use it - fingers crossed!

I brought it down to as basic as possible. I first use Eucerin moisturizer (the thick kind actualyy but of course trial and error for everyone), bare minerals (ulta brand is great too) which I mix myself for perfect match and loose powder. and Voila! Touch up powder throughout the day and maybe an oil blotter sheet half way through the day and people mention my skin alot (and I am forty with no work done). I actually went for a consult for botox and they take all kinds of pics of your face and under the first layer of skin (the sunspot pic) and she said it "sees" through the makeup so i didnt have to take it off. She said people strive to have skin like mine but I bet if I took off my makeup (which is only 3 easy steps) it would have been a different story. The moisturizer is for long term health of my skin and helps the mineral makeup stay on my skin so it double duty. Mineral veil can be used for an added airbrushed look. Plus mineral makeup is very healthy for your skin so in the long run, it is a benefit. Sorry so long but I finally have it down to a science. Good luck!