How to follow up...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Today I had a prescreen interview with a hiring manager who wants me to come for another interview. Yay!

Here's the thing: it was set up by an HR person from a remote location. I have no way to directly thank the hiring manager for the interview. I don't have an email for the manager. For me, it's a breach of etiquette, because I do it 99 percent of the time. (I don't bother with disastrous interviews.) So what to do. At this point, I do have an appointment set up for Tuesday. Unfortunately, they are not on linkedin.

Any advice? I hate when they do this.

Thanks for reading.

2. I'm not following. You want to thank the hiring manager for the interview before your interview?

3. You mean like a phone interview?

4. I had the phone interview. So I always follow up with a thank you/reply. They have scheduled me for second interview on Tuesday. But I didn't have an email to follow up with. Just from the HR person.

5. Email your thank you to the HR person and ask that s/he forward it to the hiring manager with whom you spoke. This is a very common practice these days with people working in different locations.

Good luck on your next rounds of interviews!

6. Thank you! I did it. So we will see how this goes. It looks like the perfect job for me.