How to "floop" my campana

xquisite

Sofa King Bad
O.G.
Mar 12, 2006
Well I finally caved a couple of weeks ago & am now the proud owner of a nero large campana. I love the style of the bag, and am hoping it will be good for travelling/ hand luggage. At the moment she is a bit stiff and doesn't hug against the body like I'd hoped. I would like more drape, especially as the large is such a big bag.Will she soften up just with lots of normal use, or is there something you do to get your BVs nice and floopy?

Yes, it will get softer as you use it more like any nappa leather. Someone suggested for Veneta to put two cans inside and hang it on the door knob for a couple days. Not sure about campana since it has structured bottom. May be others who have more experienced can chime in. I do believe for leather to drape with time and usage ...more natural

Btw, congratulations. I tried out a campana and I love the way it looks...I agree, large is fairly big

The soup can method is good for really stiff bags, made of calf, such as a Jimmy Choo Mahala, or Maddie. And like lkweh said, it works to increase drape on the Veneta style. With the Campana, the nappa will soften up with use, and I would not want to stretch out the handles intentionally. Just wear your new bag and it will soften in no time.

..With the Campana, the nappa will soften up with use, and I would not want to stretch out the handles intentionally. Just wear your new bag and it will soften in no time.

Thanks, jburgh! I guess I just have to be patient. I've started taking it to work every day in place of a birkin to wear it in a little, and it's working well as a work bag so far.

Sorry to be OT but it looks like you're a corgi lady. We have a 3 year old Pembroke ***** (Sophie) who is our first corgi. She gives our Rottie a hard time but it seems that he is completely smitten with her so she gets away with murder.