How to find a specific date code?

yaya_ma

Dec 21, 2008
My daughter is about to turn 14 and I am thinking I would like to find a bag with her week and year of birth for her 16th birthday. Other than scrolling through the preloved sites and checking date codes, is there a way to find a specific one? I would be looking for XX 2036 (23 rd week of 2006, did I do that right?)

Thanks!

Someone else had the same idea about a year ago here. It is lovely but also kinda weird and overcomplicated. After all, that is a manufacturing code that the company has for internal use. As I said in that thread, I would rather recommend a Mon Monogram bag with her own initials and stripes of her favourite colours. Nicer, waaaaaay more classy and elegant and it will be truly hers. A hidden industrial code somewhere deep inside that nees a specific formula to even read, not so much.

Yeah, that would be a shot in the dark. Plus, should you be able to a find a piece with that specific date code, who’s to say it would be a piece she would like, in the proper condition, etc. Sounds like it’s more trouble than its worth. Mon-Monogram is a great idea, or even a 2020 date code that matches the week of her birthday. She would have to get it after her birthday due to the manufacturing delay, but more realistic to find. Good luck!

Also, pretty sure back in 2006 the date code was still month-year and not week-year. So you'd actually be looking for 0066 (June 2006).

Edit: I may be wrong on this, I looked at a 2007 date code and it's already the week-year format.

Well that fringe bag is certainly unique!A little more than I wanted to spend though.

You all make a good point. I thought of it after I saw another member who is pregnant and had gotten a MWT Alma with 2020 on it to signify the birth year. Got my head working. Her birthday is tomorrow, and due to everything going on it will be a smaller celebration. Just trying to think of something special. And you are right, as of now has no interest in handbags, except a Vera Bradley wristlet .