How to fill the void while patiently waiting for a SO, podium order...

chanelz

Jul 9, 2009
It's been 5 months since my SA told me I was eligible for my next handbag...last month she told me I was first in line for the specific size/color/hardware handbag. I recently bought the herbag in the same color and other leather goods to fill my void and wait....anyone have any suggestions on how to speed up the wait or substitutes? >.<

Giules

Mar 6, 2014
Keep a picture of the wanted bag on your phone. And try not to go to the H store till you get that call. Otherwise you will be spending a lot more money on things you are not passionate about just to fill your void. I can totally relate to you, have been waiting for my SO for months! hehehe.

chanelz

Jul 9, 2009
Keep a picture of the wanted bag on your phone. And try not to go to the H store till you get that call. Otherwise you will be spending a lot more money on things you are not passionate about just to fill your void. I can totally relate to you, have been waiting for my SO for months! hehehe.

Great suggestion! Need to keep focus.... Wishing your SO speediness as well

swezfamily

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I had to send my SO back to Paris because it was a skunk and I have placed another SO for the exact same bag. Before sending it off I took pics, which I have on my phone, and I look at them often. Every time I go to the mall where my boutique is located my hubby will ask if I stopped in just to see if there's anything I might be interested in and my response is always, "No, I don't want to buy anything because my bag could arrive any day now". Positive thinking…

Good luck waiting for yours!

chanelz

Jul 9, 2009
I had to send my SO back to Paris because it was a skunk and I have placed another SO for the exact same bag. Before sending it off I took pics, which I have on my phone, and I look at them often. Every time I go to the mall where my boutique is located my hubby will ask if I stopped in just to see if there's anything I might be interested in and my response is always, "No, I don't want to buy anything because my bag could arrive any day now". Positive thinking…

Good luck waiting for yours!

Thanks for sharing dear. I will save a photo with captions "any day now" to help. (Sigh) I have never been so impatient with H. Your experience sounds so inconvenient as you had to send your SO back. I can't even imagine. But you sound determined and fixed on the end product. Good luck swezfamiy! Your husband is so supportive ;)

swezfamily

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
My hubby is the best! During the 9 month wait for my first SO I was very good and made no handbag purchases while I waited patiently. I would often look at member's pics of bags similar to what I ordered and just keep reminding myself that I would have my own soon.

Once my SO went back to Paris, I was feeling sorry for myself and immediately bought two bags, a Chanel and a Dior, as a consolation, but now I'm back on a bag ban and convinced mine will come in soon.

The wait is so hard, I know! May I ask what you're waiting for?

Suncatcher

Feb 15, 2012
My hubby is the best! During the 9 month wait for my first SO I was very good and made no handbag purchases while I waited patiently. I would often look at member's pics of bags similar to what I ordered and just keep reminding myself that I would have my own soon.

Once my SO went back to Paris, I was feeling sorry for myself and immediately bought two bags, a Chanel and a Dior, as a consolation, but now I'm back on a bag ban and convinced mine will come in soon.

That is so funny (in a cute way) that you consoled yourself with other purses!

bagidiotic

Apr 10, 2012
sunshine island
Time will pass fast
Stay focus
Enjoy your other hermes loot or bags lol
Joy will reach you in no time
At least your store promise you a firm request

temps

Apr 20, 2013
Baltimore, NYC
I bought a pre-owned K from a reseller to fill the wait. Then sold back to the same reseller when I got my order from the store. You lose some money (consignment fee) but it was reasonable cost to keep me patient. :smile:

chanelz

Jul 9, 2009

I feel the more I look at member photos of the bag, the more I search for a reseller route. I am not willing to pay an arm and a leg for reseller markups unless the item is exclusively exclusive :P and in my case my request is not a rare one just commonly requested? I think I will be on ban island at the rate I am going to fill this void. Aside from the herbag I bought to fill the void, I also purchased a BB Egee and various accessories (ban me now!)

I am waiting for a b30/etoupe or gris perle/PHW, this has been requested a lot by clients per my SA....and apparently I am next in line >.<

Mercy me!!!!

chanelz

Jul 9, 2009
Time will pass fast
Stay focus
Enjoy your other hermes loot or bags lol
Joy will reach you in no time
At least your store promise you a firm request

Thank you for the encouragement love. I will be enjoying my latest substitutes and hopefully it will hold the fort down. I shouldn't complain, but I guess relative to past request and timing this current request feels like forever!