How to Extend The Kelly Strap?

honolulu168

Little sheep 988
O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hello! I recently got a Kelly 25 in Sellier, and I love to wear crossbody. However, the strap is too short. I did some research that you can use twilly to extend the strap or use bag charm ( show the photos later), unfortunately, Hermes does not sell Olga bag charm any more, I can only find the LV bag charm that is similar.
My SA said that we can't custom order the strap now, but I can buy ready made straps in the store. Do you have other option to extend the Kelly strap or using different strap?
Thank you!

Here are the options thus far.

Attachments

• 542A27E6-C83B-4E6C-AC45-AE471D826B19.png
    542A27E6-C83B-4E6C-AC45-AE471D826B19.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 50EBC9F8-A58B-4C81-9632-29D32BD5CBF5.png
    50EBC9F8-A58B-4C81-9632-29D32BD5CBF5.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 57A665A2-31AB-453C-8B60-AF8C4E1ECBF1.jpeg
    57A665A2-31AB-453C-8B60-AF8C4E1ECBF1.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: Tropical punch
I really like Mautto straps if you want to purchase additional chain lengtheners OR a new leather strap altogether. They have a lot of options and are very cost-friendly. Fully customizable too, if you want something they don't offer, just shoot them an email; customer service is very helpful. I've purchased from them several times for different bags.
Thank you very much, Anesthestia! I will look into it.

Reactions: Anesthestia
I really like Mautto straps if you want to purchase additional chain lengtheners OR a new leather strap altogether. They have a lot of options and are very cost-friendly. Fully customizable too, if you want something they don't offer, just shoot them an email; customer service is very helpful. I've purchased from them several times for different bags.
I also recommend Mautto! I purchased a canvas strap for my bolide to wear crossbody and it is perfect.

I use my Evelyne straps currently, but in the past I have also bought extra Evelyne straps from Hermes as well as from brand jfa or Brandoff (asian resellers) on eBay. Although I don’t need them to be very long to wear crossbody, I do remember taking straps into the boutique to be altered years ago. I think it’s worth asking if they will lengthen an existing evelyn strap. Back then the only thing they didn’t want to do is change hardware metal. If you want a fun contrast, and don’t want to wait, I’ve seen pics of people wearing valentino or other straps with their kelly bags. am also a fan of Etsy and have used Mautto for a strap for a friend.
edit: just bought from shoulderbagstrap (Etsy). original recommendation from @duna and was really happy with it. This thread is where I got the idea https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/non-h-shoulder-strap-success.836923/page-39

Last edited:
Reactions: honolulu168