How to Extend The Kelly Strap?

honolulu168

Little sheep 988
O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hello! I recently got a Kelly 25 in Sellier, and I love to wear crossbody. However, the strap is too short. I did some research that you can use twilly to extend the strap or use bag charm ( show the photos later), unfortunately, Hermes does not sell Olga bag charm any more, I can only find the LV bag charm that is similar.
My SA said that we can't custom order the strap now, but I can buy ready made straps in the store. Do you have other option to extend the Kelly strap or using different strap?
Thank you!

Reactions: terinicola

Anesthestia

Nov 7, 2017
New York
I really like Mautto straps if you want to purchase additional chain lengtheners OR a new leather strap altogether. They have a lot of options and are very cost-friendly. Fully customizable too, if you want something they don't offer, just shoot them an email; customer service is very helpful. I've purchased from them several times for different bags.

honolulu168

Little sheep 988
O.G.
May 17, 2008
I really like Mautto straps if you want to purchase additional chain lengtheners OR a new leather strap altogether. They have a lot of options and are very cost-friendly. Fully customizable too, if you want something they don't offer, just shoot them an email; customer service is very helpful. I've purchased from them several times for different bags.
Thank you very much, Anesthestia! I will look into it.

Reactions: Anesthestia

undecided45

Aug 17, 2017
I also recommend Mautto! I purchased a canvas strap for my bolide to wear crossbody and it is perfect.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I use my Evelyne straps currently, but in the past I have also bought extra Evelyne straps from Hermes as well as from brand jfa or Brandoff (asian resellers) on eBay. Although I don’t need them to be very long to wear crossbody, I do remember taking straps into the boutique to be altered years ago. I think it’s worth asking if they will lengthen an existing evelyn strap. Back then the only thing they didn’t want to do is change hardware metal. If you want a fun contrast, and don’t want to wait, I’ve seen pics of people wearing valentino or other straps with their kelly bags. am also a fan of Etsy and have used Mautto for a strap for a friend.
edit: just bought from shoulderbagstrap (Etsy). original recommendation from @duna and was really happy with it. This thread is where I got the idea https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/non-h-shoulder-strap-success.836923/page-39

Last edited:
Reactions: honolulu168

hokatie

Jul 12, 2018
I bought them at Nordstrom Rack. The brand is Longchamp and Liana-Paris. If you like leather strap, you can try to look at Coach or Longchamp. For canvas strap, I believe Etsy and Amazon have a good selection.

Reactions: honolulu168