How to do a bag swap? Has anybody done this?

First of all, I'll say that this sounds very suspicious.

I've posted this before and I'll repeat it.

A swap should NEVER be an even exchange without money being exchanged. NEVER!!

Here are some posts where similar questions were asked. I suggested how it should be done:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/has-anyone-done-a-trade-on-bonanza-789806.html#post23467678

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/have-you-ever-or-would-you-ever-do-857724-1.html#post26319167

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...me-with-no-payment-824287-2.html#post24861862

Ah thanks for these links, very useful! I thought about exchanging money but its sooo much money i wasnt planning to get out right now, even if i am also receiving it

The op states the girl contacted her to do a swap. So if this girl is so honest let her send her bag first and let the op make sure it is real. Then the op can send hers out.

We know this is 99% scam. How many times have people posted on the internet about being burned. No normal person is going to send a bag out to a stranger. It is say to print a label and make it seem like a package will be sent or send a empty box.

I'm not that desperate, in fact I wasn't even looking for her bag, I wanted to sell mine for cash, but when she offered I was like..sure I will do that swap!

I have an idea, maybe i could ask her to pay me for mine, and i send it to her once i get payment. Then i pay her for hers with the same money that i received. And we're both covered! Either way i get paid for the bag i wanna sell, right?

I'm not that desperate, in fact I wasn't even looking for her bag, I wanted to sell mine for cash, but when she offered I was like..sure I will do that swap!

I have an idea, maybe i could ask her to pay me for mine, and i send it to her once i get payment. Then i pay her for hers with the same money that i received. And we're both covered! Either way i get paid for the bag i wanna sell, right?
that would work but since there are fees so you would have to put in some money of your own.

DONT DO IT!!! You can never trust anyone these days. There are horror stories about people being scammed out of designer bags and there's nothing that can be done about it, especially if there's no record of it. How do u know if she's even who she says she is?

I've only ever done a trade or two with Lilly Pulitzer but what we do is invoice each other for the same amount so you have at least some type of protection if one side doesn't follow through. There will be PayPal fees taken out with this but it's definitely a small price to pay to get PayPal protection. Do not use friends and family to try to avoid fees because you do not have any protection. As for the price to use for the invoice, make sure it's for the value of the item.

you could use a third party that you both agree on , send the bags to the middleman and if both check out they will post them on to you , you may have to pay a fee for this but it would be well worth it