how to deal with strangers who talk S***

I'm sure it was blindsiding to hear it in a higher education realm as you mentioned as opposed to elsewhere where you might expect it.

As others have mentioned, they are jealous of you...your looks, your modeling career, and now law school? WOW. You DO have the whole package and that's a threat to some who don't have the esteem or balls to appreciate and celebrate YOU and your gifts to the world.

Don't give haters the power!!

It just goes to show that a college degree won't get you class. ;)

You know people talk sh*t all the time. No matter their economic status, sexual orientation or ethnicity. I use to be so affected of people like this but I realized that I'll encounter this all the time and will I let it get to me everytime? I don't think so... They'll say something nasty even if we were saints. Shrug it off and be fabulous! It'll eat them inside hehehehe They say the best way to insult a person is to ignore them ;)

^^ Well put!

I work in a large computer corp and I am often subject to office gossip, and when the promotions were coming fast and furious I was accused of sleeping my way to the top. I tried to tell myself it didn't bug me, but like you, it would gnaw on me at night. Letting go of other's hatefulness can be hard.

I am sure you will rise above it and be a kick-butt attorney!!

im sorry to hear about wut pp accused u of!! thats very low of them...it is true, letting go other other pp's hatefulness is hard...and i cant help but admit that it does make me feel self conscious..although im gonna try my best to mask it in public...but when im alone..it eats me up...*sigh*

but thanks guys..u guys made me feel a whole lot better!!!! much thanks and appreciation!!! :yes::yes:

Sidenote - I have a few friends in law school in NYC - where do you go? Also, your school refers to people as seniors and freshmen? how many years is law school? what do they call each year?

Sidenote - I have a few friends in law school in NYC - where do you go? Also, your school refers to people as seniors and freshmen? how many years is law school? what do they call each year?

Law school is three years. Usually the different years are called 1L (one Ls or first years), 2L (two Ls), 3L (three Ls). I have never seen the terms freshman or senior being used for law school students before. Must be unique to the OP's school.

Law school is pretty gossipy and competitive. I can see someone bashing her clothes, making fun of her for overdressing, etc. But calling her a hooker is way over the top. Law school has a lot of insecure people -- even if the OP is at Columbia or NYU there are people there who are bitter about not getting into Harvard, Yale, or Stanford. Add the forced curve on top of this and you have your fair share of crazies!

Law school is three years. Usually the different years are called 1L (one Ls or first years), 2L (two Ls), 3L (three Ls). I have never seen the terms freshman or senior being used for law school students before. Must be unique to the OP's school.

Law school is pretty gossipy and competitive. I can see someone bashing her clothes, making fun of her for overdressing, etc. But calling her a hooker is way over the top. Law school has a lot of insecure people -- even if the OP is at Columbia or NYU there are people there who are bitter about not getting into Harvard, Yale, or Stanford. Add the forced curve on top of this and you have your fair share of crazies!

yes i COMPLETELY AGREE!! in my school, we also refer to people as 1L, 2L and 3L..NOT AS FRESHMAN OR SENIOR, i only used those terms in my post because i was not sure if people on TPF would know what i was talking about if i used 1L and 3L. i thought freshman and senior were very generic terms that people will know off hand.

i forgot to mention that law school is really gossipy (as i learned the hard way) bc we are always there! if it is not class...its reading in the library! i feel like i spend almost all of my time there..so i guess after a while, pp start to gossip...

i admit, i dont dress like a "normal" student. i dont wear sneakers, i dont carry "normal" book bags. i love balenciaga and chanel..and TPF!! hahaha....i have worn skirts before, but ALWAYS WITH OPAQUE TIGHTS and im VERY concious of NOT SHOWING CLEAVAGE..etc..bc im MOST CONCERNED about how my professors will perceive me....im in a professional school and i dont want my professors to not take me seriously...thats why, i have no idea why she would call me a call grl..i never wore mini skirts nor revealing shirts. granted, i love designers and i buy clothes on shopbop.com....but they are not skanky!

but like someone said earlier...i guess its the haterade....lol...love that term!!

I really don't think you need to second guess the way you dress. You seem to have already taken into consideration how your professors will perceive you, and that's the most important.

Being human, I think insecurities just show up badly. That girl is obviously jealous of your package - looks AND brains! I know I am :P She prolly just can't handle it well.

Be the better person, and just shrug it off. No point in letting her get you down. You're better than that! :flowers: