How to clean your speedy handles?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is my 3 year old Speedy 30 in Damier Azur, which is well worn for 3 summers. The handles have some scratches but I think that adds to the story of the bag and I don't mind them. But I don't really like the darker stains inside the handles (second picture), I tried to clean it with magic erasers but these didn't get the darker stains out and are kinda drying. Is there anything else I can try, should I try a leather cleaner?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. I normally use a scent and alcohol-free baby wipe for frequent cleaning but you're handles are heavily soiled and have a dark patina - try using Barbara's Lovin' My Bags (it's designed for vachetta and won't dry the leather out) or maybe consider having it sent off for a professional cleaning service.

perlefine likes this.
  3. You might also do the "Patina Champ" method. If you want to protect your vachetta from collecting dirt and sweat that rots your handles, you should get some Love Handles from No Sacrifice Bags on Etsy. They have kept my handles pristine on the underside where the worst damage occurs.

perlefine likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice