how to clean vinyl lesportsac?

missjenny

Oct 19, 2007
NYC
Hey ladies!
About two or three years ago, I purchased a beautiful white with black lettering L.A.M.B. by LeSportsac. I absolutely LOVE this bag, but the problem is that it's gotten a little beat up. I used it for a school bag for a while and it's gotten quite scuffed up. The style is as this http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/e5/7e/45e7_1.JPG but my white looks more gray. It's so ugly! Also, the handles are poorly...again, the white looks gray. Can anyone recommend to me how how to clean this bag? I have no clue how to clean vinyl... maybe some of you ladies would know.

Thank you SOOOOO much!:tup::tup::heart::tup::love:

lambiepie

Thanks Bishes $$$
Sep 23, 2007
SO CAL
Hi miss jenny. I have a mega l.a.m.b in black with the white lettering that i was pretty embarrased to take out with me, it was so filthy! I actually used woolite to clean it and it worked pretty well. I've also heard of people taking theirs to the cleaners. So you could also try that.

lambbaby

Just a Girl in NYC
O.G.
Jan 27, 2008
NYC
I have the black and white lettering one, I washed it for the first time a few weeks ago, I took the strap off, washed it in the washer on gentle cycle in cold water with woollite, and hung it on a hanger to dry. it looks brand new and nothing happened to the leather on the bag.

lambbaby

Just a Girl in NYC
O.G.
Jan 27, 2008
NYC
people on the nodoubt forum give me those directions to clean my bag and woolite is gentle but i think next time i'll use some tide.

thenorthwood

May 17, 2008
Midwest, USA
I have the black and white lettering one, I washed it for the first time a few weeks ago, I took the strap off, washed it in the washer on gentle cycle in cold water with woollite, and hung it on a hanger to dry. it looks brand new and nothing happened to the leather on the bag.
I have a few LeSportsac bags that desperately need some cleaning. My washer actually doesn't have a gentle cycle but it has permanent press and quick wash, which are both low agitation. Which one should I use? And for how long?

Aw, I'm feeling nostalgic for my nylon LAMBs!

lambiepie

Thanks Bishes $$$
Sep 23, 2007
SO CAL
^I would use the permanent press. That's what i have used.

I love my lesportsac l.a.m.b! They don't get out much but like you i also get nostalgic for them.