How to clean up Balenciaga Forum: Input Wanted!

There are a TON of sticky threads - I think that should be cleaned up. Check out LV and Hermes, they have separate folders. We can add that here to help make the forum easier to navigate.

i posted a thread about that in s&f a couple of months ago but nobody replied :sad: which is a bit weird really because they're taking up about half the page so they can't only be bothering me! we definitely need that :yes:

hmwe46's shopping forum organisation idea is great:

Shopping:
Stores Now Carrying...
Authenticate This...
Place for the Fakes...
[Incoralblue's] Anatomy of a Work...
[Incoralblue's] Anatomy of a Weekender...

and maybe disable posting of new threads? it might be an idea to have a few "stores now carrying.." threads organised by region (US, canada, europe etc.) so they don't get too long :idea: . could we have something like that since we can't have achtung! back?

the caring for/emergency sections are a good idea, but maybe they could be one and the same? or emergency a sub-forum of caring for?

you could also have some kind of division according to year, this especially works for bbags as opposed to Fendi or Chanel bags, because the colors are different every season/year and the leather is different every season too -- so for reference, it'd be nice to archive threads for all of say, 2004 bags, 2005, 2006 into one folder etc.

That's the first way of categorizing that pops in my head for bbags --- what year it was produced!! Tells you alot about the colors and the leather.....

Might not work or be what you're looking for - but something to think about. :tup:

The nice thing about a place like this is that there IS someone in charge at the top. I don't want to come on like a ton of bricks, but I would like to respectfully suggest that if Vlad and Megs have good "evidence" that the "offenders" are repeat offenders, or at least are recognized by several people whom V & M respect, to be less than ethical, then, kick-them off. Period. All the other suggestions so far about folders etc. make perfect sense, but don't address the rotten apples that I UNDERSATND may be the root of this problem. All the rules and re-org in the world won't keep bullies from finding new ways to manipulate.

And I don't mean to suggest for a MOMENT that I have any knowledge of anything off colour. I am one of the "newbies" who has had lots of fun and lots of nice, generous and truly pleasant encounters :yes:

Now I'm going to crack my FIRST bottle of wine for the evening. Sheesh. :drinks:

These are my suggestions:

Zero tolerance for shenanigans and mods who are given the authority to enforce that

Clean up the stickies and condense them similar to what has been done on the Hermes forum:

Balenciaga Shopping (condense the shopping stuff into one area)
Balenciaga Reference Library (condense all the reference stickies with regard to colors, pics, etc)
Balenciaga Show and Tell (for threads about new purchases)
Balenciaga eBay Stuff

IMO the forum has a cluttered and frenzied look and that probably does not help the frenzied energy here either.

I like to see more Gallery and Reference types of subforums, just stricly pictures and captions descibing what it is within the "Documenting...", etc. type threads. Nothing wrong with commenting how great your bag is, but when it goes on and on, it kind of loses the point of being a Reference thread... Even when a thread says Pictures Only, it is not sometimes...

Absolutely agree with Maggien, no amount of reorganisation (though I love all of the suggestions, makes everything easier to navigate) will stop the members who are intent on breaking the rules be it behind the scenes or otherwise- it may feel like we are back in school but if rules are broken consequences need to follow and I say this because it seems like from what I've read it happens over and over.
Anyway I am sure Vlad and Megs know what to do.

hmwe46 - great ideas. it is hard to navigate through everything in the beginning. i know it took me a while to figure out what topic went where when i first started coming here.

i know some people might boo and hiss at the next suggestion, but i think a lot of people are thinking the same thing: reopen the MP and/or Auchtung thread.
why did the MP application get shut down? maybe people would be less cutthroat if there were an open marketplace for people to buy AND sell authentic bags. i know i've been looking forward to joining only for it to be closed to new applications. this would be a "safe place" for everyone...

i've noticed that the other subforums have open marketplaces or threads where people spot authentic bags and post them for others - are we really that out of control that we can't be trusted with this type of resource? because to me, that is what this whole purse forum is about - a resource where purse lovers of all kinds can share their passion about bags, whether it's admiring, sharing helpful hints, bragging, venting, selling, buying, whatever.

JMHO...

I sort of agree with this. I think this behavior stems from "Auchtung" being closed. If we reintroduce it and enforce stricter rules such as no PMs, then I think the backstabbing may stop...

Absolutely agree with Maggien, no amount of reorganisation (though I love all of the suggestions, makes everything easier to navigate) will stop the members who are intent on breaking the rules be it behind the scenes or otherwise- it may feel like we are back in school but if rules are broken consequences need to follow and I say this because it seems like from what I've read it happens over and over.
Anyway I am sure Vlad and Megs know what to do.

I see where you are coming from. With all large problems, when you look problem on a grand scale it can be overwhelming. However, when you take things piece by piece and solve them one by one it's much more manageable and effective. Eventually you'll solve the larger problem by chipping away at it. It's kinda like a really hard math problem on an exam. You do POE (Process of Elimination) until you derive at an answer you are comfortable at.

Awareness was step 1. While it won't stop everyone it sheds a bright light on those who are guilty and prompts more respectable behavior (or at least warns those that we're on to them). Step 2 is reconstruction. Step 3 is to impliment (for a lack of a better term) "policing". Everything takes time and a healthy effort. And this thread represents the beginnings of that effort. :tup:

As far as stopping the buying and selling, I say do not allow wishlists in the signature as well. I myself have a huge wishlist, but have never posted it. I think this is a big contributor to the problem. Of course, it's up to us to follow the rules. However, if it wasn't staring at you in the face on each and every one of a pfer's posts, I think it would be more difficult to narrow down what a particular pfer would love to have.....which would lessen the temptation for solicitation. Yes, it's unfortunate it might have to come to this as some people will not be happy with that, but I don't believe it's a problem in other forums like it is in Balenciaga.

I agree, the Balenciaga forum should have a Mod that is more nuetral to the bags and pfers themselves. One that follows the rules as we are all expected to and treats all pfers equal.

I have to say I think Lordguinny could be a great Mod. I don't know her personally and she might even wonder "who' this"? When I joined last year I spent much of my time in the Chloe forum. She was there then and I always appreciated her helpful, positive and friendly spirited posts. I think she's been there since and has made quite a positive impact in the Chloe forum. I have noticed her posting in the Bal forum lately and think she could probably do the same for it. With her new found interest in Bbags I'm sure she will be around a bit..... also with an objectivity that comes with someone new to a brand and will bring the same positive friendly feeling that pfers appreciate in the Chloe forum.