How to clean off greyish tint from LV vachetta leather?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi LV lovers,

I recently got a pre-loved Noe. The leather was in great condition overall but I noticed that the leather running down one of the side of the bag had some "wrinkling", creating peaks and valleys. The peaks had a greyish tint (kind of like how part of your white canvas school shoes caught some dust and turned a little grey). I had tried using an eraser (from the stationary store) to remove it but it was futile. I also just noticed some fine hairline cracks on the shoulder strap :sad:. I have attached pictures of the leather on both sides of the bag for comparison, and the cracking leather.

There were many threads on cleaning and conditioning LV (cracked) leather but I didn't manage to locate threads talking about the greyish tint. Really appreciate it if I could get some opinions here or be pointed to the relevant thread.

Thanks in advance:heart:!

20190518_131116.jpg 20190518_131129.jpg 20190518_131145.jpg 20190518_131201.jpg

2. It just looks dry.

3. I also think it looks dry. I don’t see anything grey looking? I’m no expert but I’ve seen plenty of threads where people try to clean marks from vachetta and end up with a far worse problem than they started with - personally I would moisturise it and then leave it alone.

kemilia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice