How to clean my white scribble tote?

yvonnek

Aug 14, 2008
Malaysia
Hi,

I have a white scribble tote, I wonder how to clean the fabric, because it is very dirty after years of using, can i wash it? Anyone can advise me?I want it to look white again. Thanks!

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
North Texas
For dirty spots Ive had good results using Shout on a Q-Tip. I'm not sure about the whole bag though. I think I read somewhere that someone actually threw it in the wash and it came out ok....but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that. What does it say on your care card? If nothing else, send Coach an email and see what they say.

Apr 25, 2007
San Antonio
Hey... I had a coach bag, the Soho pink stripe tote, well anyway it is made of the same material as the scribble. I hand washed the whole bag in the sink and scrubbed it lightly with a mr. clean magic eraser in the really bad spots. It sounds crazy but it worked.

After I was done I got as much moisture out as I could and I stuffed it with towels to retain the shape and get the rest of the moisture out. When it was completely dry I moisturized the leather bits. Good as new!

There is a thread about it somewhere on here.

candac3mari3

C'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
Wellington, FL
I bought my sister the scribble hobo for her birthday, and of course she trashed it. So we threw it in the washer on gentle and stuffed it w/towels to let it dry. Just remember to condition the leather parts afterwards. Her's looks brand new!!!

LipGlossQueen

Jan 31, 2008
I have the scribble tote from 2006. The pastelly one. It has alittle bit of suede trim on the outside pockets. Well, my bag got SO DIRTY. I wasn't using it because it was so dirty so I figured let me take a chance and wash it. I threw it in the washer with woolite and the gentle cycle. After it finished, I laid out white towels, stuffed with more white towels and let it dry for 3 days. It looks awesome. MUch cleaner. I even did a second time and pretreated a few spots like the corners with the woolite. Do you have a picture of the bag you are referring to? Maybe its the same.

CoachJunkie1908

O Holy Grail...
O.G.
Jun 9, 2008
metro Detroit
I have the scribble tote from 2006. The pastelly one. It has alittle bit of suede trim on the outside pockets. Well, my bag got SO DIRTY. I wasn't using it because it was so dirty so I figured let me take a chance and wash it. I threw it in the washer with woolite and the gentle cycle. After it finished, I laid out white towels, stuffed with more white towels and let it dry for 3 days. It looks awesome. MUch cleaner. I even did a second time and pretreated a few spots like the corners with the woolite. Do you have a picture of the bag you are referring to? Maybe its the same.
I have the large hobo scribble from 2006 and if yours came out good in the wash, I'm going to give it a go with a little OxyClean. Thanks for the tip.

CA-Anonymous

Kelly B.
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
No.VA
Poo.... Wish I'd known these great cleaning tips before I changed my mind (up at the checkout register) about buying two of the scribble top handle pouches for my god-daughters last month. There was a lady in line next to me who had an older version and hers was totally dirty- the entire background looked beige instead of white, anyway she talked me out of buying them and the SA didn't pipe up and mention that they could be cleaned. I ended up getting the bandana print wristlets instead because they were the covered fabric.