How to clean my vintage Enzo of Roma bag

ritalu

Feb 15, 2015
I have a bag that I have loved for many years but have stopped wearing it a long time ago. It is quite dirty in some places, mostly the strap, (not stains, more just dirt from wear) and the leather looks and feels very dry. It's lined with a thin foam padding in between the top leather and the leather lining. Does anyone have an idea how to clean/wash and protect the leather on this bag so that it's soft again? What products should I use?

Hi! Do you have a picture?

I would personally try with gentle alcohol free baby wipes and / or a leather cleaner and then make sure on condition it well with a leather gel after :smile:
I hope you can restore it to it’s former glory.

Hi! Do you have a picture?

I would personally try with gentle alcohol free baby wipes and / or a leather cleaner and then make sure on condition it well with a leather gel after :smile:
I hope you can restore it to it’s former glory.
Thank you for the reply. I am attaching two photos of the bag. I will try the baby wipes, as you suggested. What specific product have you used before that would condition the leather since it's very dry? Thanks.IMG_1919.jpegIMG_1921.jpeg

Ooh it looks like it has a lot of character! I can imagine with some love and care it’ll look really cool and bring it back to life again :smile:

I love using Collonil leather gel after cleaning if you can get hold of that wherever you’re based. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I tend to apply small amounts (not directly on the bag but on a cloth first, rub it around to spread on the cloth and then apply it on my bag). After that I buff it with a soft cloth. Sometimes I do this a few times if the leather seems particularly dry, letting the gel dry before reapplying the next layer. The leather gel can darken leathers a bit but you can always test it before use if you’re worried.

The handles seems to have scratches but hopefully conditioning it with the gel with make them less noticeable.