How to care for Speedy 25B in DE? Did I pay to much?

kjack27

Apr 15, 2020
Hello,
I’m so excited to be getting my speedy 25.
I paid 1600 for a 2017 made in France, I’ve been told older ones may be a better quality but now I feel stupid like I should of bought new!

how do I prevent the DE leather andcanvas near zipper from cracking or wrinkling. I want this to be my everyday bag and last a while.
I ordered a organizer but it will take a few weeks to arrive. Can I cause damage to the canvas using it without the organizer.

thank you ladies and gentlemen for your help. I tried researching topics but could get specific answers to what I am looking for.

Oh my, that’s quite a pretty sum you paid. Is it possible to return it, at that price you’re better off buying brand new to get that warranty.

I bought a June 2016 Speedy 25 B DE with receipt and packaging for about $800 usd in March this year, so you can definitely get a better deal.

Wow! No unfortunately I can’t return. It’s defitley my own fault for not being patient. What a great deal you got! I was searching for a little over a week and the lowest price I saw was $1400. The seller purchased my neverfull from me for $1100 and I put that towards her speedy. She will defitley make out better than I did but I was nervous selling privately with some horror stories I heard. But wow $800 now I do feel stupid lol

I agree with @Wondermuffin that you could have found a better deal.. but we've all been there and even buying new I question if an item is worth the asking price (for all designer, not just LV). What's important is that you love it and received an authentic product for what you paid. :smile:

I agree with @Wondermuffin that you could have found a better deal.. but we've all been there and even buying new I question if an item is worth the asking price (for all designer, not just LV). What's important is that you love it and received an authentic product for what you paid. :smile:
Thank you! I purchased from a trusted seller but will authenticate privately for reassurance!

Thank you! I purchased from a trusted seller but will authenticate privately for reassurance!

I am not sure if you are new to LV but as someone who's bought mostly preloved the last 5 years or so, I think most people agree that if the preloved item is only $300 or so less expensive than the item brand new, it's better to buy new if you can. Make sure you keep receipts so if your purse ever shows defects (not caused by normal wear and tear) you can get it repaired (maybe for free) or even exchanged if it's a known defect.. :smile: Up to you, of course.

Reactions: kjack27
I am not sure if you are new to LV but as someone who's bought mostly preloved the last 5 years or so, I think most people agree that if the preloved item is only $300 or so less expensive than the item brand new, it's better to buy new if you can. Make sure you keep receipts so if your purse ever shows defects (not caused by normal wear and tear) you can get it repaired (maybe for free) or even exchanged if it's a known defect.. :smile: Up to you, of course.
I do not think the seller is sending a receipt, however with the being said I did send a second h d delightful in for repairs and had it fixed for free, so maybe they will do the same. Thank you for your words, I am only happy that I was able to get a made in France one for some reason I prefer that. Do you have a DE speedy I’m wondering how it’s going to hold up with everyday use, scared of the canvas cracking by zipper.

Reactions: mrs.JC
I do not think the seller is sending a receipt, however with the being said I did send a second h d delightful in for repairs and had it fixed for free, so maybe they will do the same. Thank you for your words, I am only happy that I was able to get a made in France one for some reason I prefer that. Do you have a DE speedy I’m wondering how it’s going to hold up with everyday use, scared of the canvas cracking by zipper.

Oh! Did you have a receipt for that Delightful? I am fortunate that I haven't had to take any of my pieces in for repair yet but I wouldn't mind having my 10 year old DE NF touched up.

Also yes! I have two Speedy DEs. :smile: Pardon the bad photoshop on the edges... tried to make my home office less messy in the pics. :facepalm:

speedy30.jpg
This is one of my first pieces, which was purchased/born in 2010. She's not stuffed so she's a bit slouchy in the pic but I love her. No cracking or signs of wear/age (at least I don't think?) except for the dull lock.. but I don't use her everyday, maybe 3-4x a month pre-Covid.

speedyb35.jpg
And my born in 2018 Speedy 35B that has creasing on the side. It doesn't really bother me and hasn't gotten any worse but I know that would drive some people nuts. No cracking yet and I used her almost daily for work in late 2018/early-mid 2019.

Reactions: kjack27
Oh! Did you have a receipt for that Delightful? I am fortunate that I haven't had to take any of my pieces in for repair yet but I wouldn't mind having my 10 year old DE NF touched up.

Also yes! I have two Speedy DEs. :smile: Pardon the bad photoshop on the edges... tried to make my home office less messy in the pics. :facepalm:

View attachment 4787782
This is one of my first pieces, which was purchased/born in 2010. She's not stuffed so she's a bit slouchy in the pic but I love her. No cracking or signs of wear/age (at least I don't think?) except for the dull lock.. but I don't use her everyday, maybe 3-4x a month pre-Covid.

View attachment 4787783
And my born in 2018 Speedy 35B that has creasing on the side. It doesn't really bother me and hasn't gotten any worse but I know that would drive some people nuts. No cracking yet and I used her almost daily for work in late 2018/early-mid 2019.
Your bags look great! No I had no receipt and I did tell them it was purchased second hand. The stitching was pulling out of the handle so I sent it away with a quote of $120 to restock both chaps, pretty easy repair! They sent it back in a new dust bag and no charge! I don’t expect the 25B to last me forever but I’m hoping 3-5 years of daily use. I’m just going to try to enjoy her :smile: thanks for shareing your photos.

Do you have the bag yet? I really hope it works out ok. Most trade stories I have read don't end well. I hope they accurately described the condition of the bag and any odors. If you paid basically retail I hope it's in perfect condition!

Honestly the trick for lasting LV canvas is rotating your bags. My DE speedy from 2010 has some wear at the corners, but it still looks great. But I rotate my bags. Storage also matters. It can't be too humid or it will dry and crack. Only store in the dustbag.

Do you have the bag yet? I really hope it works out ok. Most trade stories I have read don't end well. I hope they accurately described the condition of the bag and any odors. If you paid basically retail I hope it's in perfect condition!

Honestly the trick for lasting LV canvas is rotating your bags. My DE speedy from 2010 has some wear at the corners, but it still looks great. But I rotate my bags. Storage also matters. It can't be too humid or it will dry and crack. Only store in the dustbag.
Thank your for caring, it wasn’t really a trade trade, she paid the full asking price of my neverfull and I turned around and paid it back to her plus a few hundred. She is premium member from a group I’m in I’ve actually purchased from her In the past so I know she trustworthy. Is there a way to condition the canvas and coated leather. Right now this will be my only bag so I will use it all year round and I do tend to baby them a little. Hoping I can just learn to enjoy my bags.