How to care for new Vachetta?

kenzibray

Aug 28, 2012
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. I'm new to LV and the LV forums.

So far I only have a Neverfull in DE.

I'm looking to buy my 2nd LV in the next couple of weeks and the few styles I'm considering are either in Mono or DA.

I've seen tidbits of recommendations on what different ladies (and gents) do when they first get their bag: treat with LMB, leave it alone, or leave it out in front of a window, etc.

New Vachetta is making me so nervous I've even considered buying pre-loved instead.

I'm interested in hearing detailed recommendations as to what to do when I first get my bag to make sure that the Patina is even.

If it helps here are some of the styles I'm considering:

Delightful (PM or MM)
Speedy 30 (undecided on Azur or Mono)
Odeon PM
Another Neverfull but in Azur or Mono

(But if I can't pick between those I may get the Speedy B in DE or a wallet instead.)

TIA :flowers:

I used LMB on my delightful mm and I'm happy with the results. My recommendations are only use protection and conditioner on new bag NOT cleanser. Take your time doing it it takes a while to dry completely. It doesn't say in the instructions but you should wait 24 hours from the protection step to the conditioning step. I saw this on a YouTube video by BJTaylor on using LMB. I think that will give it enough time to dry completely. I'm very happy with the results on mine. I haven't done my speedy I'm not sure if I will since it has a really nice patina on it already. Hope that helps :smile:

I've watched BJTaylor's videos. But it seems the "Pre-Treatment" is a newer product. Has anyone used this yet?

I got the kit that has the 4 parts
-pretreatment
-protection
-conditioner
-cleanser

I've watched BJTaylor's videos. But it seems the "Pre-Treatment" is a newer product. Has anyone used this yet?

I got the kit that has the 4 parts
-pretreatment
-protection
-conditioner
-cleanser

I would love to find out about this new product. Please, post your review once you apply it.

I would love to find out about this new product. Please, post your review once you apply it.

Well so far so good. I did the pretreat and protect. Both two coats as directed. Waiting until completely dry between each. Waited 24 hours and applied conditioner. Everything came out fine.

Still haven't carried my bag as its been raining or snowing since the day i got it and I know some have said that after using LMB they do - but I'm too nervous to risk it.

Well so far so good. I did the pretreat and protect. Both two coats as directed. Waiting until completely dry between each. Waited 24 hours and applied conditioner. Everything came out fine.

Still haven't carried my bag as its been raining or snowing since the day i got it and I know some have said that after using LMB they do - but I'm too nervous to risk it.

Thanks for the update.
Maybe we should start a LMB club, so people can discuss their experience and post pictures, especially some time after using the bag.

Did the conditioner darken the vachattA? Thank u

Did the conditioner darken the vachattA? Thank u

Not really I don't think. If so it was ever so slightly. I haven't treated the piping yet and to me it may look an itty bitty bit lighter but not a significant difference. I don't like the pure white Vachetta so it didnt really matter to me if it did or not as long as it was even.