How to care for lighter color bag?

Also, I've read that some of the applecare products can cause yellowing in quite a few threads.. You know I just realized I'm in this forum, so sorry to jump in, just noticed your post under 'recent posts'. I am sure the ladies here have much better advise than I do!! Sorry!!!

But you're right, so thank you for contributing :tup:

Reactions: Shelby33
I don't clean my bags with each use, only when I notice a mark or blemish. For example, I used one on Friday after an air passenger spilled his clear drink on my glycine K. It was hours before I was able to properly inspect and wipe the bag but it was 100% fine. Beton has grey hues, creamy dimension, and will wear nicely over time, I think. Maybe avoid bright white until you feel more sure of your command of the leather.

Sorry to jump in but I'm considering a glycine Lindy... How is your glycine K doing with colour transfer? I'm a bit nervous with the Lindy rubbing against hips when worn on shoulder. I wear a lot of denim (although most of my denim is old and well washed). I do also wear plenty of black.

Sorry to jump in but I'm considering a glycine Lindy... How is your glycine K doing with colour transfer? I'm a bit nervous with the Lindy rubbing against hips when worn on shoulder. I wear a lot of denim (although most of my denim is old and well washed). I do also wear plenty of black.
Glycine Lindy sounds beautiful! I have four glycine pieces (Mini conv, DS, K, B), and no color transfer as of yet. I've made my glycine DS a work horse travel tote, sometimes tucking my Kelly inside. No issues. I wear tons of black and jeans too. I love the color too much to be afraid of it :smile:

I wear my beton Evercolor mini roulis typically with white or lighter colored tops and dresses. I use the longer shoulder strap with this bag. I have worn it out to lunch, dinner, evening events, etc, and it has only once picked up dirt from wear and i used a lexol,wipe on it to easily remove it.

In choosing a light colored bag, it’s important to know the cleanability of the leather, the style ( hand held vs. cross body or shoulder) etc, clemence is a hardy and easy leather, but Evelyne style would be prone to color transfer. HTH.

Glycine Lindy sounds beautiful! I have four glycine pieces (Mini conv, DS, K, B), and no color transfer as of yet. I've made my glycine DS a work horse travel tote, sometimes tucking my Kelly inside. No issues. I wear tons of black and jeans too. I love the color too much to be afraid of it :smile:
That is really good to know! Thank you! :hbeat:

I don't clean my bags with each use, only when I notice a mark or blemish. For example, I used one on Friday after an air passenger spilled his clear drink on my glycine K. It was hours before I was able to properly inspect and wipe the bag but it was 100% fine. Beton has grey hues, creamy dimension, and will wear nicely over time, I think. Maybe avoid bright white until you feel more sure of your command of the leather.
Sorry for being offtopic but, I'd love me a glycine K or B! :heart: I wish they'd bring back the color!

Blanc (white) will yellow over an extended time. non-whites light colors generally don’t yellow. I have Gris Mouette Togo Birkin and no color transfer. Same with KC in glycine and I don’t use a twilly on the handle. I inspect them after each use and when I’ve worn denim, never had a problem. Get the Lexol cleaning wipes to have on hand. Be prepared :smile:

I’ve also SO’d Craie b30...don’t be fraid of the light colors!

I use this Lexol cleaner, not conditioner wipes, and follow their directions.

HTH

3C444C58-B863-4806-B208-18571B9B3312.png

Last edited:
I own a lindy glycine in evercolor for a little over 2 years now and I also wear a lot of black and no color transfer!

Reactions: dragonette
For color transfers, I’ve used Lovinmybag bye bye dye and most delicate cleanser and moisturizer to maintain my light colored Swift bag.

I’ve even use the bye bye dye product to get rid of serious denim transfers on my son’s white wallet in pebble leather. Works wonders but don’t rub too hard.

Reactions: dragonette