How to care for a python bag

Debbie65

Dec 5, 2019
I just purchased this goregous python bag. I never owned a complete snakeskin bag before. Is there anyone that can give me tips on how to keep the scales nice? Is it OK to keep silica packets in the bag or will that prevent moisture from hydrating the skin? I want to keep this bag in prestine condition for as long as possible! Lol. Thank you!

20230519_152613.jpg

I have plenty of python bags (and jackets) all going strong many years later and have answered this question many times before, I'm sure you'll find the info if you search.

Python scale length is different on each piece (shaved to suit the piece) Just to say, don't fuss too much, but be gentle.

Reactions: 880 and lill_canele
I have plenty of python bags (and jackets) all going strong many years later and have answered this question many times before, I'm sure you'll find the info if you search.

Python scale length is different on each piece (shaved to suit the piece) Just to say, don't fuss too much, but be gentle.
Wow I would love to see your collection of your exotic pieces. :smile: I'm just starting off with exotics so I have zero experience. Yes I'll be gentle. I think it may be helpful to get a twilly for the top handle. I'm sure by just simply grabbing the top handle, even carefully, will cause enough friction to lift the scales. I won't be paranoid though. I'll enjoy the bag and do some research. :smile: