How to cancel bid and end a listing?

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
Is this possible with 6 hours left on the auction? I know it's not a cool thing to do, but I am having MAJOR second thoughts...along with a son who is having a fit Mom is selling his favorite bag. :crybaby:

There is one bid on there, 7 day listing, and the bid was just placed this morning. Help!

I'm not sure you can do it with that little time left either, but did you try to just end the auction? I would try that and put 'item is no longer for sale'. It will tell you if you're not allowed to do it.

I found this....:sad:

Timing Matters
When there are 12 hours or less remaining and the item has a winning bid, including a reserve met bid, sellers cannot make any changes to the listing, including:
  • Ending the item early. Sellers may cancel bids, but not end the item unless the item is being sold to the high bidder.
  • Adding to or changing the item description.
It's OK...we've come to terms with it. It wasn't being carried, so it's better off going to someone who will appreciate it. :yes:

I have had items in my watching with an hour to go and have seen them ended. The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken. I know that they were just afraid of not getting a good price on their item, and it ticks me off when they do it, but I see it all the time.

Hi

I know a seller cannot change the listing as you have found out. But I have had sellers cancel listings on me for the reason the other member posted "item was lost or broken" AND because "the item is no longer available." It just happened to me this week with only a couple hours to go. Sellers have a little more flexibility than buyers do. Although you can't CHANGE the listing, E-bay gives seller the option to end a listing because "the item is no longer available."

I think you can cancel all bids and remove the auction up until the last hour or closer if you say the time was lost or broken or no longer for sale. Sellers do it all the time. Personally, no biggie. It happens.