How to Build a Chanel RTW Collection on a Budget

Here's the jacket I ordered. This is not my picture, and I can't remember where I got it from (i think in one of the sale threads?). In any event, it was $1700ish (60% off original price).

For sizing reference, I wear a 2/4 in theory blazers and a 38 in stella mccartney, and I took this in a 40. I had tried it on in the store and probably could have gone with the 38 but I was sort of between sizes.

That's is such a good price! I got the longer length version but only 40% off.

What do you think? In normally a 2/4 but I took a 40. Can I just have it altered a bit? I love the style!

Attachments

• image-3283666376.png
    image-3283666376.png
    902.9 KB · Views: 921
  • image-3508720532.png
    image-3508720532.png
    865.4 KB · Views: 900
  • Love
Reactions: jbbagz
Here's the jacket I ordered. This is not my picture, and I can't remember where I got it from (i think in one of the sale threads?). In any event, it was $1700ish (60% off original price).

For sizing reference, I wear a 2/4 in theory blazers and a 38 in stella mccartney, and I took this in a 40. I had tried it on in the store and probably could have gone with the 38 but I was sort of between sizes.

awesome deal!!!!!!! I think it could use a little tweaking, but overall, looks great on you!
enjoy!

Does anyone have experience with tailoring? Should I go to NM (where it's from) or should I go to Chanel? How much will it usually cost?

It depends on how much you need done. I had some major work done on a Chanel jacket and paid about $250 for that (altering down one size).

I'd take the time to find a good person -- I've come across poor work both through Chanel boutiques and through department stores. It all depends on the particular person who does the work for that store. And it really varies, place by place.

After a lot of calls and help from some kind TPFer's (Thanks Yodaling and lmac408!) I managed to get two more sale pieces at 60& off - a beaded cardigan from BG and the same jacket lmac408 found. I am so excited! I will post pics when they arrive. I was hoping for another cardigan as well, but every time I thought I had it, it turned out the store had sold it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it somehow shows up as a return.

What I have learned from all of this is that I need to be better prepared before the next sale. I need to know what I want (with item numbers) and be certain on sizes. I am hoping to add a few more cardigans, a couple of jackets, and some knit dresses. I am also watching ebay but it seems even there good deals are hard to find and you have to be sure on sizing.

Thanks again for all of the advice in this thread! Keep posting your finds!

After a lot of calls and help from some kind TPFer's (Thanks Yodaling and lmac408!) I managed to get two more sale pieces at 60& off - a beaded cardigan from BG and the same jacket lmac408 found. I am so excited! I will post pics when they arrive. I was hoping for another cardigan as well, but every time I thought I had it, it turned out the store had sold it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it somehow shows up as a return.

What I have learned from all of this is that I need to be better prepared before the next sale. I need to know what I want (with item numbers) and be certain on sizes. I am hoping to add a few more cardigans, a couple of jackets, and some knit dresses. I am also watching ebay but it seems even there good deals are hard to find and you have to be sure on sizing.

Love that jacket! And can't wait to see the cardigan.

Which cardi were you looking for originally? Will keep an eye out for you!

Congratulations! It's great that you were able to get the jacket and cardigan. That's wonderful! I'm so glad it worked out for you.

Yes, you've described the whole process accurately -- there's a bit of front-end work (research!) at the beginning of the season, narrowing down a list and making sure that you've figured out sizes and style numbers. That way, you'll be ready for the sales :smile: