"How to" attach keyrings to bags?

What I would do is take the original key ring off the keyfob that you want to place on your bag and put it on a ball chain (the kind of chains that are used for the hangtags) and then loop it around the circle of the zoe... otherwise if the keyfob has a dogleash hook, then I would hook the dog leash clip onto a ball chain and then put the ball chain on your zoe...

Hope this makes sense!

I've attached several of my keyrings to dog-leash type hooks that I have bought at local hardware stores. I use a size that fits around the handle ring that connects the handle to the purse. Most of the Coach dog-leash clasps are small and will only fit on the ball-chain that is connected to the Coach tag. You also could put a ball-chain on your fob to replace the keychain and put it on the handle ring as well. I just like the look of the dog-leash better myself :biggrin:

Here's another pic of one on my Ergo tote. The Ergo's are what I would consider one of the most difficult bags to put FOB's/keychains on!!!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 2,159
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,134
^^I also bought the multi-pack of different colored ball chains in the scarpbooking dept at JoAnn's Fabric's & Crafts!!! They are atleast 18in. long so you can cut them to size, and each color comes with 5 of the attatchments!!!

If you go on Joann Fabric.com they have tons of different items to help you with this. I use there key chains, in different colors for this reason.

home improvement stores have the dog leash style clips that are perfect for this. just attach the ring to one end of the clip with the closed loop and then you can move the keyring from purse to purse as a charm. the dog leash style clips come in silver or brass to match the hardware on the bag. looks like it was made for it if you choose the right size and metal finish. good luck!

i won't use the ball chain to attach my expensive fobs.... i've lost the coach hang tags off those chains... i'm not taking a chance with my fobs!

i always get a dog leash clip (from lowe's).... one for each fob that way they are always ready and you only have to put them on the clip once....

here's my red zoe with the cute little scottie dog

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• redzoe3.jpg
    redzoe3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,727
  • redzoe2.jpg
    redzoe2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,372
i won't use the ball chain to attach my expensive fobs.... i've lost the coach hang tags off those chains... i'm not taking a chance with my fobs!

i always get a dog leash clip (from lowe's).... one for each fob that way they are always ready and you only have to put them on the clip once....

here's my red zoe with the cute little scottie dog

attachment.php

attachment.php

The same thing happened to me with losing the hand tags several times so I don't use these either :nogood: Now I manually tighten all the ball chains on my bags every so often to avoid this.

BTW, your Zoe looks TDF!