How to Age A Balenciaga Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're out of the woods yet. I really feel I have to be honest about this after seeing the photo of the rivet -- it looks completely wrong to me. I already mentioned that the bale doesn't look right. Have you compared the bale side by side a known authentic bag's bale? It doesn't appear to have the "curves" or "dips" that an authentic bale has. Please take a more "straight on" photo of the bale - it may be easier for us to see the exact shape of it that way.

BTW, as far as I know, there have been no known sightings of authentic Firsts with leather tag & brass hardware. Leather tag & silver hardware, yes, but leather tag & brass hardware, no. Please someone, correct me if you know of another case.

Unfortunately, Sales Associates, no matter how long they've been selling, aren't necessarily the best authenticators.

I am soo missing my "master" Louise Peasey's blog and presence! I'm sure she could recognize the bag instantly as legit or fake. She helped me heaps when I fell for a supafake last year. Oh, LP, where are you?:crybaby:

I don't think you're out of the woods yet. I really feel I have to be honest about this after seeing the photo of the rivet -- it looks completely wrong to me. I already mentioned that the bale doesn't look right. Have you compared the bale side by side a known authentic bag's bale? It doesn't appear to have the "curves" or "dips" that an authentic bale has. Please take a more "straight on" photo of the bale - it may be easier for us to see the exact shape of it that way.

BTW, as far as I know, there have been no known sightings of authentic Firsts with leather tag & brass hardware. Leather tag & silver hardware, yes, but leather tag & brass hardware, no. Please someone, correct me if you know of another case.

Unfortunately, Sales Associates, no matter how long they've been selling, aren't necessarily the best authenticators.
Fiat,
I was about to comment and I must say that I agree with you I've never seen a raised brass HW leather tag flat brass with leather tag yes , silver HW with leather tag yes. I sorry to be a bearer of bad news but maybe you should try getting a refund..something about this isn't right..

Sorry, mooks, but in my opinion this one is not authentic. It would not be the first time that a Selfridge's SA has been incorrect, as fake returns have been found in their stock. This is exactly the reason why stores do not officially authenticate. On the evidence:

- all brass hardware classiques should have a silver tag (some limited editions may be the exception to this, but I think those LEs all have bright silver or other colored hardware anyway).

- the font on the back of the tag is too large.

- the notches in the rivets are little 'c's instead of rectangular. (And at the time that the classiques had leather tags, they did not have notches.)

- the color of the stud is ...well, odd. Somehow too uniform? And it doesn't look like the hardware is all exactly the same color.

I'd like to see a super-close up of the front buckle from various angles, and I think fiat is right about the bales. Overall, there are just too many anomalies.:nogood:

Here are pics of an Ink City 2006 S/S rivets and bales, if this helps at all (I know it's a totally different thing, but just in case):

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

:sad:
the rivet is definetly not right.
also color of the hardware- real brass hardware isnt that color, it has more of a brushed antiqued look to it

i hope you can get a refund on it..

When the first bags had leather tags, this is what they looked like, plus the inside zipper was plastic then too:

['03 white first interior tag]
03_white_first_tag.jpg

['03 white first underside of tag]
03_white_first_under.jpg

Mooks, I really hope you can contest this purchase and get a refund. Good luck!

Well I've contacted the person who sells this bag and it turns out he buys his stock from boutiques in Italy and also has a shop. I actually went to the shop yesterday and he said he's had Balenciaga, Chloe and Prada come in to inspect what he is selling.

He is two doors down from the Vogue offices and 5 minutes from Selfridges. I asked him about what you had all told me and he said there is absolutely no doubt as to authenticity. He even has Balenciaga and Chloe bags in the window of his shop.

The Balenciaga SA compared my bag to current season and there were no differences. The bales were the same as were the rivets. The only difference is the internal tag.

I really don't know what else I can do.

The only thing I can think is that there's some possibilty this is something unusual or that European stock may have something different.....

I'll get in touch with Balenciaga direct and see if I can send them the bag and close this all once and for all

Thanks for your help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.