How to Age A Balenciaga Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is brass. Or I'm assuming it's brass, have a look at the pics

It seems there are some real inconsistencies with Balenciaga so it's gonna be speculation until the Balenciaga SA see's it :smile:

Mooks looking at the pictures again I think the hardware is silver on your bag. Congratulations an 03 black first with pewter hardware is a fantastic find!

Here is my black bag with silver vs a turquoise with brass, see the difference?

Attachments

• DSC00376.jpg
    DSC00376.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 61
^^ the pics look like brass to me... the bags looks good too, although i am no expert.

i do remember there being two red bags fall 03 FW both firsts, one with silver tag, one leather tag, so there was definitely a time before they were not consistant. but in 03... those were raised silver hardware bags... 04FW was when the raised brass started...... right? but again.. let the SA be the judge..

it looks really nice! my guess is its FW 04

good luck! and please let us know what he says!!

I know the hardware on the earlier bags was a lot chunkier...even though the hardware here isn't THAT chunky, it might be part of an in-between stage.

The leather looks lovely, though. Can't wait to here the verdict!

Mooks, physical examination is the best test for authenticity, but there are things that look off to me one this bag. I hope your SA can help authenticate it.

Please shoot a picture of a rivet behind the stud on the handle and move the tassel around to see if the o-ring is soldiered shut or slightly open. Also a good close-up of the clip and bale would be helpful.

The leather looks a bit stiff to me. Brass hardware came out in F/W '04 when the metal tag was already in use for a while. So, if this bag has brass hardware and a leather tag, unfortunately it's most likely fake.

are the rivets round or notched on the backs of the handles? that is also an indication

Thanks Mocean & RealDeal...I was about to ask the same questions too. Check the rivet on the back of the handle. If it's from the year we all thing, it should be a flat round stud (no notches). Please check and post a pic!

This is turning into a real mystery! I have yet to see a classique that had leather that looked like those photos that was a fake- but there's a first time for everything. I hope it turns out OK!

Mooks, physical examination is the best test for authenticity, but there are things that look off to me one this bag. I hope your SA can help authenticate it.

Please shoot a picture of a rivet behind the stud on the handle and move the tassel around to see if the o-ring is soldiered shut or slightly open. Also a good close-up of the clip and bale would be helpful.

The leather looks a bit stiff to me. Brass hardware came out in F/W '04 when the metal tag was already in use for a while. So, if this bag has brass hardware and a leather tag, unfortunately it's most likely fake.

I have to agree with RealDeal's diagnosis. I'm pretty sure you have a super-fake on your hands (and by super, I mean virtually indistinguishable from the real thing). I've owned bags from every season, and I've never seen a real B bag First have both raised brass hardware and no silver plate. I just don't think it could have happened. Plus, the bales don't look quite right; they don't taper on the bottom in the way that real ones do. Checking whether the O rings are soldered is probably your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.