How to Age A Balenciaga Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a suede one before and that had no metal tag either.

I'm starting to get nervous now......

The suede classiques are older bags from 02, someone please correct me if I am wrong, so yes those don't have metal tags but I do think all the classiques with brass hardware should have a silverplate.

Good luck, I hope everything works out ok.

When did they introduce the silverplate? I'm really getting worried now as I just dropped $800 on this bag and would be beyong upset if it's not right

I got so nervous I just called the Selfridges Balenciaga department and spoke to a lovely SA who said that not all Balenciaga bags come with the metal plate, apparently it varies as to whether they put them on.....nothing like consistency eh!

Anyway, I'm going to visit him tomorrow and he is going to authenticate the bag for me :smile:

Think I may have to make a little purchase from him by way of thanks!

I got so nervous I just called the Selfridges Balenciaga department and spoke to a lovely SA who said that not all Balenciaga bags come with the metal plate, apparently it varies as to whether they put them on.....nothing like consistency eh!

Anyway, I'm going to visit him tomorrow and he is going to authenticate the bag for me :smile:

Think I may have to make a little purchase from him by way of thanks!

Yes not all Balenciagas come with metal tags, for example the Twiggys have a leather tag, but the Classique with brass hardware should have a metal tag.

What does the front of the tag look like?

I remember reading that the Silver Tag wasn't introduced to the First bags until F/W 03 (with D designation).

However, the 2003 S/S bags were raised Silver HW (and before that, flat brass).

So the first season with raised brass HW was F/W 2003 with the Silver 'D' tag.

Looks like we have an anomoly! :borg: Cool!!

As far as I could find, the 2002 3 (F/W) bags were Suede with Raised Silver HW and did not have Silver tags.

The suede classiques are older bags from 02, someone please correct me if I am wrong, so yes those don't have metal tags but I do think all the classiques with brass hardware should have a silverplate.

Good luck, I hope everything works out ok.

Here's the front of the tag. When I spoke to the Balenciaga SA I told him it was a First with no silver plate and he said it didn't mean it was counterfeit but would know once he saw the bag

Baltag2.jpg

Can you show us a pic of the bales? That would help a lot!

Since this has gone off on a tangent to authentication, don't be surprised if this thread gets merged with the authenticate this! thread ... look for it there if you can't find it here. (just wanted to warn you because I've lost track of threads before when this happened).

Status
Not open for further replies.