How to 'add' to a handbag (i.e. accessorize it)

Nov 24, 2006
Interesting thread! I add charms to my bags to those I think will enhance it; to me some of them don't need it because they have enough hardware already. It's amazing how the bag alone adds to your outfit though; I was wearing my Ferragamo Marisa today with Coach sunglasses and Burberry loafers and how people stared, stopped and turned abruptly, and all that like they thought I was a celebrity! It was really funny.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I have charms too. A Mimco one with lots of dangly bits and a really simple tods one. I also have a couple of Marni ones.

legsieloveslamb

BaG jUnKiE!
Jun 29, 2008
I add my L.A.M.B. charm to my LAMB bags- the pic that you see is my LAMB Wiltshire and it has the charm on it. :tender:

PEBBLEBOOH123

Sep 8, 2008
Florida
Hi
I have added purse charms. Currently to my coach bags only.
I have my initial and I love it. i like the idea of the tails too!!!:wlae::wlae:

FrankieP post inspired me to post this thread about adding to a handbag. I have attached a raccoon tail to one of my handbags and a fox tail to another. They cost around $5 each and really add to a bag (obviously has to be the right one). There are loads on ebay too.

http://www.fursource.com/blue-fox-fur-tails-p-317.html

http://www.outdoor-catalog.com/fur/coontail.htm

Anyone else added to a handbag and if so, how and with what?

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
I have this Coach keychain on my Neverfull PM. It's a patent leather heart with a turnlock. It opens up to reveal a picture frame. I have a pic of DBF and I together in it.

Bag2beautyEvrae

Geek with bags!
Aug 8, 2008
Bolton, Uk
I use mobile phone charms and scarves. I have been known to mess about with beads and gems so I might have a go of making my own. Look for bags that come with charms makes it easier as they are designed to match but some can be a little over the top. I am not sure about the tails, maybe a rabbits foot for luck?