How the sarah vernis holding up?

yenny

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
hi i concern how sarah vernis holding up for long time, i have blue nuit sarah wallet right now but hearing a lot of bad thing about sarah. the flap will curl over time, the back of the flap will wrinkle or even worse break, etc, urgh.......
I need a proof and in between zippy wallet, need input soon, has 1 more week left to exchange the wallet.
please help

babs711

O.G.
Jan 7, 2010
I'm curious where you've heard these bad things? I bought my Vernis Pomme Sarah in January. Before buying I searched this forum and asked about it and found nothing but good things said about the Vernis wallets and Sarah.

Having used my Sarah multiple times a day now for almost four months, I can say it's a sturdy wallet! It's often at the bottom of my purse and it looks brand new...like the day I bought it. You have the Sarah in your possession now? I don't see how the flap would curl. It's rather thick. How would it curl up or break? I don't even see how that's possible...

I love mine to death. :smile:

yenny

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
well i just try it today after store it for coup;e day, i just want to see how it being use, so i store everything in the new sarah wallet and close it the right and left flap are not lying flat but went up a little because of the cards under it i believe. and every time i open the flap the back of the wallet left and right make a wrinkle onthe patent leather, i'maffraid if i open it often it my break the leather on the back of the wallet.

Sassy Sue

LV Galliera Girl
Aug 13, 2009
Houston, Texas
well i just try it today after store it for coup;e day, i just want to see how it being use, so i store everything in the new sarah wallet and close it the right and left flap are not lying flat but went up a little because of the cards under it i believe. and every time i open the flap the back of the wallet left and right make a wrinkle onthe patent leather, i'maffraid if i open it often it my break the leather on the back of the wallet.
Maybe the wallet is too full?

I've had mine for 9 months now, and it looks brand new - no problems at all (Sarah in Pomme)!

I LOVE my Sarah wallet!

Nordy's girl

My youngest!
Sep 23, 2008
Washington
I agree with the above poster, it sounds like maybe you have the wallet over-filled. I have a vernis amarante sarah wallet that I've been using for about 4 months straight and I've had no problems with it at all. It still looks totally brand new and is wearing perfectly! I'm thinking maybe your wallet is too full or it is a defect. I would take it back to the boutique and show your SA the wallet with all your stuff in it and see what your SA says....maybe they will say it's too full, or maybe it's a defect.....It could be that you need a bigger wallet like the zippy! I would definitely take it back, show your SA and see what they say... Good luck!

babs711

O.G.
Jan 7, 2010
After reading your explanation, I'm also wondering if yours is too full. Did you get it from a boutique? Can you go in and show them what it's doing? I have all of my card slots full. I keep receipts behind the back slot (behind the back credit card slots), money and my check book (without a holder) in the front space and stamps, and misc. business cards and a couple of pictures in the second space (behind the coin zipper compartment and in front of the back credit card slots). My coin compartment always has plenty of coins in it. Mine doesn't bulge in any way. My front flap lays perfectly flat.

When I open and close it, there are no wrinkles at all in the vernis.

To start, what (specifically), are you keeping in each section? Can you take some pics for us? Maybe we can help identify what the issue is?

Jul 3, 2006
This is something my SA mentioned to me, because they've had complaints about it, which is why I mentioned it. I sometimes overstuff my wallet a tad (simply after long day of shopping with lots of receipts) and I don't like the look of a wallet where the front flap doesn't lie completely flat. I agree we shouldn't overstuff our wallets, but I do live the in real world and sometimes it just happens and it's not something I want to have to think twice about. Sometimes if I have 300-400 in cash in my wallet, it's pretty full, but I don't have that problem because I have the older style without the credit card slots on the front. My SA said the issue is that even with one slot in each one, the stiffness of the cards causes the front flap to just raise a tiny bit. Over time, it can cause it to remain slight raised (i.e., curled) even when you're not carrying a lot. I suppose you could just not use the front slots, but that looks a little odd when you open your wallet, like you don't have enough cards to fill it or something. I love the Sarah wallet, but I prefer the older style without the slots on the front. A lot of the boutiques still have them, so if you don't have too many cards, it's a nice option. They don't, however, have them in vernis in the older style, just mono and damier.