How the gold motifs are made

honhon

O.G.
Jan 18, 2011
Hi, I started to wonder if the gold motifs are made the same way as the stones? Are the gold motifs fitted into the skeleton structure like the stones or are they stamped?

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
I didn’t look at the website to see how the GUILLOCHÉ MOTIFS are made but I observed big gaps on closer inspection of the MAGIC GUILLOCHÉ PENDANT.
I have noticed some pictures of new release Magic pendants with gaps, also. So besides color preferences, we have to check for gaps before ordering, too. It makes it a little complicated for those of us who can't go choose in person!

LuckyMe14

Jun 5, 2019
I have noticed some pictures of new release Magic pendants with gaps, also. So besides color preferences, we have to check for gaps before ordering, too. It makes it a little complicated for those of us who can't go choose in person!
Indeed. You would think an all gold creation is kind of safe to buy sight unseen... but I guess not with the gaps

HADASSA

Feb 22, 2012
I didn’t look at the website to see how the GUILLOCHÉ MOTIFS are made but I observed big gaps on closer inspection of the MAGIC GUILLOCHÉ PENDANT.
Indeed. You would think an all gold creation is kind of safe to buy sight unseen... but I guess not with the gaps
I think with the Guilloche being ALL GOLD, it should have been made like the Hammered ALL GOLD VA (fused to the jacket).

honhon

O.G.
Jan 18, 2011
I presume even with a very high artisan skill it would be nearly impossible to perfectly "fit in" motifs (absolutely no gaps) into their jackets; it would be more like to be "pushed in" with a liability of damage...? I am able to compromise a slight secure gaps as a proof of craftsmanship as now I am staring at my hammered gold motif thinking how easy it is to stamp those motifs.
No, I found no gaps in my hammered gold motifs and no corner clasps, refer to my photos above

oranGetRee

**I am a Vain Pot**
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
my haven, my home
I presume even with a very high artisan skill it would be nearly impossible to perfectly "fit in" motifs (absolutely no gaps) into their jackets; it would be more like to be "pushed in" with a liability of damage...? I am able to compromise a slight secure gaps as a proof of craftsmanship as now I am staring at my hammered gold motif thinking how easy it is to stamp those motifs.
No, I found no gaps in my hammered gold motifs and no corner clasps, refer to my photos above
Same sentiments! I do hope they are not stamped! I would be very disappointed if the guilloche patterns are stamped/ put in a mold.

Reactions: honhon

HADASSA

Feb 22, 2012
I just checked my ALL GOLD HAMMERED motif. They don’t have a gap. None at all. Also I noticed that they don’t have the clasps on four corners. I believe that hammered motifs are stamped! View attachment 4868266
I would only most humbly comment on the way the guilloche motifs are mounted, since this is on the VCA website. I will reserve comment to the limited comparison I made between the Hammered and the Guilloche.

I really do not want to be one, after having spoken AGAINST posting sensitive markings, to continue this comparison in full glare of the public eye.

Alena21

Jul 12, 2017
When I tried the MA pendants I looked for gaps especially on the guilloche. The guilloche didn't have any but the GMOP had quite a big one. The BA still had one but not as big as the GMOP.
I personally would not spend this amount of money on MA pendant with a gap. It is like buying Chanel bag with uneven seems because "it is handmade" the usual excuse the SAs use to push a defective item on us.