How strong is an H Belt?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've had my H belt for a few months now, and having worn it a few times I'm just a little concerned about it's strength.

I haven't damaged it or anything, it's just the leather is thinner than my other belts and I do tend to wear belts quite tightly.

I was just wondering if they are stronger than they look, or if they are more for show?

(or maybe I'm being neurotic, over-thinking this, and worrying WAY too much, as usual!)

tia :heart:

2. Depends on what you want to use it for. :graucho:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't know, but I've had mine and worn it for a while now and not a sign of wear on it.

3. :lolots: Well I can't say that the thought hadn't crossed my mind. Although a silk scarf would be better. :P

I dunno... I think I'm worried about stretching the hole that it fastens with.

4. ^^^My epsom "holes" (IL don't touch that please!) are ok, but the togo holes are stretched. I use mine with jeans and they take a beating. I have one that has suede on one side and its a mess...but all three of mine are over a year old now and okay.

5. My, um, buckle insertion points? are fine, but I wear one side more often than the other, so I have a definite "curve" worn into it in one direction so I have to put it on left-handed on the gold side and right-handed on the black side, if that makes any sense.

And I agree. Silks ARE better. :biggrin:

6. Personally, I think that if you are going to play, you should have a mix of silk and leather.
    That's all I'm going to say.

But my belt has held up over the last year with moderate wear

7. I meant as a "holding up the pants and creating a waist over a dress" device. Belts and Scarves-and-Mors-Rings are both good at that.

What did you think I meant?

8. Strong like bull:biggrin:

9. DH has had his for over 8 years!!! He is very careless with his things and the belt still looks great to me. He had the buckle changed by H a couple of years ago though due to scratches.

10. Mine is my very first H item, it is from 1993 and it was used a lot before it became mine 4-5 years ago, and I too use it alot. It holds up great, but yes a couple of the holes have stretched more than the others, but not to a point where I would worry. The buckle is actually the most beaten up part of the belt, with scratches and dents.

And I totally agree about leather and silk :graucho:

11. Thank you all for your advice. *goes off to buy some silk scarves* :graucho:

And also for your advice on the belt issue. :P I guess I just have to stop being worried and use what I have.

12. holes have stretched - box on one side, togo I think on the other.

Vote for i90 silk twill folded on the bias for other recreational usage :biggrin:

Diva, strong like a bull (there is no emoticon for what is going through my head right now)

13. :d

14. I remember it from "There's something about Mary":biggrin:

15. You know 880 - we were all joking about it, but you're the only one who went into detail about the best way to fold, etc. Now why IS that? :biggrin: