How Small is an Alexa mini?

Reebeekins

Oct 9, 2013
Hi ladies,

I am looking at buying a Mulberry Alexa and at the moment I have an oversized one for work. I want one for personal/weekend use so don't want it so big but my problem is do I get a "regular" or a "mini"? I am 5' 2" and a size 10 and I do find my oversized Alexa does swamp me a bit. I only carry essentials on me: phone, wallet, sunglasses and a pair of leather gloves in my personal bag but not sure if a "mini" would be too small? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :smile:

Cocorose

Sep 11, 2011
I think the mini Alexa looks really cute worn cross-body but a bit like a child's bag if you want to hand-hold it....I have a very petite neighbour who carries a mini one to work and I always think it looks like she's borrowed it from her daughter lol!
I'm 5 foor 4, size 8, and the regular Alexa looks OK on me whereas loads of bags really swamp me.
You could always try a mini del Rey...because it's got cleaner lines than the Alexa it doesn't look so mini and it looks good carried any way.

Reebeekins

Oct 9, 2013
Thanks for all the replies guys! Your Alexa mini looks super cute in the photos Julie! I am eyeing the red del rey across body after your suggestion coco...decisions, decisions! So glad we Mulberry fanatics have somewhere to chat as just would not be able to chose otherwise!

Nov 5, 2010
Hi - I am 5'3" and a size 2 and I have an Alexa Mini and a Silky Oak Trout and both fit me really well. I love the Mini but it is really small. It is smaller than it looks in JulieMVIS' picture. I use it for evenings only or daytime without a wallet. It can fit a small wallet, phone, keys, lipstick, but would look stuffed so I put my CC, id, cash in a card holder instead. If you are using this with a brief case or other larger bag or for night, it is great. If you want a general everyday, I would go for the regular Alexa.

scrumpy

Mar 9, 2012
I must admit I am 5ft4 and loved the mini alexa but felt it was a bit too small a great alternative was the alexa camera bag held a lot more but you would have to pick one up on eBay I think Shian on naughtipidgins nest has one might be worth a look but if not I would go with a regular.

debbeee

Feb 23, 2013
I'm only 5'1" and the regular looks just right on me. The mini is cute but it really doesn't fit very much IMO. I can't even squeeze my long wallet in. I'm really not sure if your wallet, sunglasses AND gloves will fit the mini.