How should slingbacks fit?

linakpl

Mar 18, 2011
I recently tried on a pair of slingbacks and I thought the shoes were a little small, but the SA insisted that they fit properly. He put the lid of the box perpendicular to the floor and showed me that my heel lined up with the back of the shoe, but from my angle, it looked like my heel was a smidge over the back. I'm usu always wearing pumps of closed back shoes so any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you! :smile:

slingbacks run usually .5 size larger. for instance i usually go down half a size for slingbacks. they usually stretch out also. if you are uncomfortable though i would return them and exchange them for a different size

Hello ladies! Quick question, my SA said that proper fitting slingbacks should have the back of your heel and the back of the shoe line up when you hold the lid perpendicular to the ground. Does anyone have any expertise on this?

what does lid mean?

If the shoe is standing upright, perpendicular to the floor, I don't think the sling should be exactly in line with the imaginary 90 degree line....
Your heel is curved so I would think that the sling should be slightly anterior to the edge of the heel when seen in profile.

Edit: okay saw your other thread. You meant the lid of the box! I thought you were talking about the shoe lol

like I said in the other post, just get what you're comfortable with! Who cares what the SA says?!??!

I saw your post in a different subforum, I understand what you mean now.

like what Liz said, it's best if the slingbacks are slightly tighter. The higher the heel, the tighter the fit should be because these shoes are more unstable and don't provide the support like a pump does. All you're relying on is the sling to keep your feet in the shoes, otherwise they'd be slipping off and you'd fall.

However I think you should find a pair of shoes that YOU are comfortable with if they're too tight. Not what the SA or others tell you. Everyone can give their opinions or expertise, but ultimately, it's what you like and prefer to do :yes:

Reactions: Liraelfae