How should I get my Sac Plat?

How should I get my Sac Plat?

• Buy brand NEW! It won't be worth the new handles!

• Buy used, and save some money for more accessories!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
I have always like the Sac Plat... but have a problem paying $1,000 for a brand new one.

If I were to buy one for a good price for like $400-$500 on eBay or Bonanzle, how much would handle replacement cost? I really dislike patina, especially when it's not my own.

Or would it not be so cost effective to do this?

So... Buy new or buy used and get handles redone?

I don't know how much to have the handles replaced. I'd go for new if I could afford it - but then I don't like buying 2nd hand myself. I am curious about the Sac Plat though - what do people use them for? It looks huge. Will you use it just when you go shopping as a shopping bag? and if yes, do you carry a standard handbag as well, or does the Sac Plat work as a handbag? (I feel a bit stupid asking, but it's something I've always wondered!)

i prefer buying things new, but i do agree $1000 is pricey for sac plat. i had once ask about the cost of replacing the rim of vachetta on my neverfull. this was in an lv boutique in another country, but it turned to be $80-90 when converted to USD. replacing handles should be more, but not TOO much more, and definitely the total will still be much cheaper than $1000.

I also have always admired the Sac Plat and say definitely buy used and just replace the handles. I feel the same way about someone else's patina and have replaced the handles on used handbags before.