How should I get my Sac Plat?

How should I get my Sac Plat?

• Buy brand NEW! It won't be worth the new handles!

• Buy used, and save some money for more accessories!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
I have always like the Sac Plat... but have a problem paying $1,000 for a brand new one.

If I were to buy one for a good price for like $400-$500 on eBay or Bonanzle, how much would handle replacement cost? I really dislike patina, especially when it's not my own.

Or would it not be so cost effective to do this?

So... Buy new or buy used and get handles redone?

Coral3

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
I don't know how much to have the handles replaced. I'd go for new if I could afford it - but then I don't like buying 2nd hand myself. I am curious about the Sac Plat though - what do people use them for? It looks huge. Will you use it just when you go shopping as a shopping bag? and if yes, do you carry a standard handbag as well, or does the Sac Plat work as a handbag? (I feel a bit stupid asking, but it's something I've always wondered!)

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks Beljwl... I'm REALLY leaning that way myself! Any idea on handle costs?

Coral, yeah I'd use it as everyday, it's the ideal size for a nice big tote!

Jul 18, 2009
I'd say buy used and save the extra money for a nice wallet or pochette. A bag charm would really dress up the bag as well :smile:

lovebeibei

May 3, 2008
Manhattan, New York
i prefer buying things new, but i do agree $1000 is pricey for sac plat. i had once ask about the cost of replacing the rim of vachetta on my neverfull. this was in an lv boutique in another country, but it turned to be $80-90 when converted to USD. replacing handles should be more, but not TOO much more, and definitely the total will still be much cheaper than $1000.

pursedeb

O.G.
Oct 9, 2007
I also have always admired the Sac Plat and say definitely buy used and just replace the handles. I feel the same way about someone else's patina and have replaced the handles on used handbags before.