Food How should I cook Salmon?

soshesaid

O.G.
Jun 13, 2006
I have a big piece, it still has the skin on it (which I'm not used to) - how do i remove that? :shame: And I normally would ask someone to grill it for me, but there is no one home! Please share your recipes and suggestions. :idea:

I would cut them up. With the tail half, fillet it. With the top half (head side), I just cut pieces. perpendicular to the fish length, to make steak slices. I'll cook just enough pieces for a family meal at a time, and freeze the rest until ready to eat again.

How do I cook the fish? Well, I cut slices of ginger and chop a lot of garlic. Put the ginger and garlic in a nonstick pan or work. Place the fish steak or fillet over the ginger/garlic. Put two tablespoon of oyster sauce and a tablespoon of black bean garlic sauce (available prepmade in jars in most Asian stores). Chop some fresh scallion and put it over the sauce. Cook over hot frame, covered, for 2 minutes. Then turn down the frame to low and simmer for 8 minutes or until almost done (a little pink inside).

Note! Do not use any oil at all. The salmon will generate some oil from its own fat, and that oil will brown the ginger and garlic during the first 2 minutes at high frame. There is no need to turn or touch the fish. Simmering with a cover on will ensure even cooking.

Enjoy!

I forgot to say something about the skin. There is no need to remove the skin. When the fish is cooked, it will be easy to separate the skin from the flesh with a folk. Just make sure that you de-scale and clean (rinse under runnign water) the fish before cooking it.

Here's what I do: Put the salmon skin side down on a baking sheet (I use Reynolds Release on there for easier cleanup). Then I brush it with olive oil, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on, then salt & pepper. I bake it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes (I think). As others have said, it will easily come away from the skin once it's cooked.

For the grill, I place it on the grill skin side down (we have one of those flat thingies with a handle, and we usually put it on that on the grill). Just grill for a while and then brush on some Soy Vay Veri, Veri Teriyaki towards the end.

After cleaning the fillet, simply rub on some sea salt and lemon zest. Place in a steamer and steam for about 10-15minutes (depending on the thickness). Serve with a touch of soy sauce, baby asparagus and potatoes.

here is how i usually cook it: place salmon skin side down on foil. season with garlic salt, pepper, fresh dill and parsley and squeeze lemon juice on it before serving. it comes out great when cooked in the oven and even yummier when it's on a bbq grill :smile:

My favorite salmon recipe is very simple and only takes a few minutes. I cut the salmon up in about 1 inch thick steaks, slather it with Dijon mustard and sprinkle on some lemon pepper, wrap it up in aluminum foil and grill for a few minutes.

Place salmon skin side down on tin foil on top of baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper and butter. Slice a small onion and fry for about 2 minutes, season with a dash of salt. Cook covered for another minute. Add the onions onto the fish. Cover the fish with the foil. Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F. When you take it out of the foil after it's done cooking, add the liquid onto the fish. It's delish!

This is the only way my picky picky kids eat fish. Even my 3 yr old eats the onions. She thinks it's spaghetti.