How short should DBTY be on my neck?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hello all! I'm back and forth about how I should shorten this necklace... I don't know where it should hit on my body. I've been playing with the lengths. I am also quite boney and don't want to be poked constantly if that makes sense. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409153529.376166.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409153542.139457.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409153556.347703.jpg

I'm having my custom dbty style necklace made for the diamond to sit in the hollow if my collar bone. So higher up than the photos you posted.
I personally think they look lovely highlighting that little dip, plus with the chain resting on your collar bone the back of the diamond will not rest so much on your skin.

I'm not a fan of the pendant length ones, especially if the chain is attached at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the bezel.

I like the length in the last pic, I find if it's in your collar bone it sits with the diamond pointing upwards and doesn't show off the dbty to it's full sparkly potential. I like it 1 inch below the collar bone and it's less likely to constantly poke you too!

it looks gorgeous on you btw!!!

I'm having my custom dbty style necklace made for the diamond to sit in the hollow if my collar bone. So higher up than the photos you posted.

I personally think they look lovely highlighting that little dip, plus with the chain resting on your collar bone the back of the diamond will not rest so much on your skin.

I'm not a fan of the pendant length ones, especially if the chain is attached at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the bezel.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409170582.097974.jpg that high?

Mine is 16" with a jump ring at 14". This is perfect perfect for me. the 16" length is best for when it's alone and I move it to 14" when layered or when the shorter length better suits the top I'm wearing.

My jeweler said it could potentially flip if it sits in the hollow of the neck and suggested 1 inch below that spot. I was considering doing a DBTY style with my grandmother's diamond and noted that I wanted it to sit high. I like it sitting high best.

I wear mine very short 13.75.. Inches

But I m 5'2. I like it it stays in place and doesn't move around and goes with any top I wear..:smile:

Thanks for the length! I was drooling over your pic with your earrings earlier today! I didn't realize the necklace was meant to be so high up! I've been wearing it almost to your length and it's been growing on me. It also lends to layer. Do you layer with your keys at all?