How safe is purchasing from a non-US seller via Bonanza?

Tiare

zOMG sales!
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
I'm pretty close to taking the plunge for a bag. Is Bonanza as good/safe to deal with, especially in cases where the seller and buyer live an ocean away?

The seller seems really nice, has authentic pictures of the purse. Her Bonanza feedback is low, but, lumped together with her Ebay feedback it is over 200 feedback at 100% positive.

It seems like a go, but, in the worst case scenario - I just want to make sure Bonanza stands behinds both parties the same as (the bigger gun) Ebay.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jira

balenciaga :)
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
Bonanza won't really do anything. Their "resolution center" is really just a messaging center for buyers and sellers. If there's a real transaction problem, you'll need to file a claim through Paypal. I'm not sure of the extent of Paypal coverage for non-ebay purchases, though. I'd use a credit card for the purchase.

muchiko19

O.G.
Dec 26, 2008
Jira said:
Bonanza won't really do anything. Their "resolution center" is really just a messaging center for buyers and sellers. If there's a real transaction problem, you'll need to file a claim through Paypal. I'm not sure of the extent of Paypal coverage for non-ebay purchases, though. I'd use a credit card for the purchase.

That is true that bonanza does not have buyer protection like eBay. If you pay via PayPal though via cc you will have protection. Bonanza is really good about following up though when there is a dispute.