How safe is pink in bal bags

cat1967

Aug 20, 2011
Greece
Hi there! I have about 20 Balbags and only one in a pinkish color (Parme). I am about to buy a City GGH in Rose Bonbon. How safe is it do you think to buy a bag in this color bearing in mind that I will be holding it in Summer mostly when our hands are somehow sweaty and we apply those creams etc. Also do the corners wear really fast and become greyish? Parme does not have these problems as there is a grey undertone and a brownish I might add. Please, owners of pink Balenciaga bags help me not make a mistake in buying one. The SA is going to keep it for me till Friday but after that it's gone and I have to make up my mind really fast.
Thank you in advance all!:smile:

fancypants7

Dec 17, 2009
London
If you use Apple Garde or other similar products then I wouldn't worry about creamy/sweaty hands but I've had massive fading issues with my Bubblegum Pink Day, and that's in London where we barely get any sun.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Pinks and lilacs are known for fading - I think you have to know that when you purchase one. The color will change if you use it outdoors. Maybe the 2013 bags will be different - but almost all vintage pink/lilac bags you see have some fading to them.

HTH

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Brooklyn
I have a Bubblegum Day. The handle has darkened, but it's not crazy worn down. It's from '08 and I think still looks pretty good. Of course Bal City corners always seem to get rubbed, so i say just try and be careful with those.

My advice is that if you think you're going to have to worry about the bag, don't get it. Although I think you should be just fine.

cat1967

Aug 20, 2011
Greece
Thank you ladies. I went to the Boutique and saw the bag. I fell in love immediately and I bought it. The truth is I rotate bags a lot. I never wear them a second day. I have a lot. And I baby them a lot. My Cyclamen Day is fine. No fading or anything. This new bag is a lot shinier than all the others from 2012 and back. Most of my bags are from 2011 and a few from 2012. I appreciate your info. I will keep my fingers crossed with this one and I will let you know after summer. Thank you once more.