How roomy is the smaller MIA?

MissusB

Jul 10, 2006
Hi everyone-

I am looking for an "everyday" bag - one that can act as a "stand in" on days that I don't have time or inclination to change my bag to coordinate with my outfit. I could use any suggestions!

How roomy is the smaller MIA? I have the dimensions, but that is usually only part of the picture. I had been carrying a LV Damier Alma and loved it, but wanted a change. It was also just a tad too small at times. This summer I have been carrying an Acorn Venetia but I find it is not "deep" enough from front to back, which necessitates stacking all my things on one another thus making it difficult to find anything in a hurry. I also like to keep my cell phone in its own place so I don't have to dig for it every time it rings. The Venetia has the front pockets, but they aren't deep either so I usually end up keeping the pocket with the phone in it open and I fear one of these days it will fall out!

The last few weeks I have been carrying the larger Guineviere, but it feels like a suitcase. Don't get me wrong, I love the bag, but I am only 5'4" and I feel like I'm playing dress up with my mommy's clothes. I need an inside large pocket for receipts, lists, prescriptions, etc. so I don't put the phone there and it is ALWAYS lost!

I have always liked the looks of the MIA and have been looking at both the large and small. The large appears to be more the size of my current "Guin", so I have ruled that out. Those of you with the smaller MIA - how many pockets are there, and is there enough room inside that your things are not totally stacked on each other? Is the small zip pocket in front large enough for a small flip phone, and is that the only outside pocket?

I am thinking about the color Nutmeg...

Thanks!

MissusB said:
Thanks, bag.lover! I actually saw these at Bloomie's online yesterday and am surprised they are still available. MJ bags seem to go so quickly when they are on sale. Do you think that says anything about how roomy they actually are?

Kim, I have seen all 3 sizes of Mia in person. =)

Small Mia (not to be confused with Mia Polina Hobo) isn't roomy at all -- it's good for someone petite like me (5ft).
For your height & your description above, I would recommend Medium Mia which is bigger than Alma & Venetia.
Large Mia is too big for every-day wear, members here find it too heavy.

I just check Blommindale's again, only Mia Polina Hobo is left.

bag.lover said:
Kim, I have seen all 3 sizes of Mia in person. =)

Small Mia (not to be confused with Mia Polina Hobo) isn't roomy at all -- it's good for someone petite like me (5ft).
For your height & your description above, I would recommend Medium Mia which is bigger than Alma & Venetia.
Large Mia is too big for every-day wear, members here find it too heavy.

I just check Blommindale's again, only Mia Polina Hobo is left.

Thanks again, bag.lover! This really helps.

I had no idea that there were THREE sizes for the Mia...how do I know which one I am getting? Does the MJ website give dimensions for the three, and are all three sizes still "current" for F06? I just don't want a bag that is going t be as big as my Guinevere, but that will be deeper from front to back than my Venetia.

I saw that they were sold out at Bloomingdale's as well, but they are still out there...

In addition to the 3 Mia, there is also Polina Leather Hobo series (come in different sizes) which have ID window with embossed logo as well.

Sales Associates get them confused too so I always associate the sizes with their retail prices. When ordering over the phone, I would recommend having the style number as well.

Let me lookup the information for you, will be back. =)

From Marc Jacobs Spring 2006 Collection

LARGE SATCHEL (16.5 x 7 x 13)
C361020
COLORS: Nutmeg, Black, Eggshell
PRICE: $1150USD

SATCHEL (14 x 6 x 10.5)
C361021
COLORS: Eggshell, Cobalt, Black, Crimson, Nutmeg, Green Apple,
PRICE: $975USD

MIA (13 x 7 x 5)
C361022
COLORS: Cobalt, Black, Nutmeg, Green Apple, Eggshell
PRICE: $895USD

BlueBee - Marc Jacobs Mia Large Satchel Eggshell#
Marc Jacobs Mia Large Satchel Eggshell
SKU: MJH01322
SKU: C361020 EGGS
The Mia Large Satchel is a great way to carry all the necessities of life and look fabulous doing it. Great for work or travel. Made of 100% leather, this tote has gold hardware and sturdy detachable handles. This bag has more compartments than we can count! 3 exterior pockets, two inner pockets outside of the center zipper compartment, large center zipper compartment with cell phone pocket and another interior zipper compartment... so that makes 8 different places to stash your stuff! Measures 16.5"W x 13"T x 7"D. Made in Italy.

$1,150.00

Attachments

• AuspientImaging0.jpg
    AuspientImaging0.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 76
  • AuspientImaging.jpg
    AuspientImaging.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 78
BlueBee - Marc Jacobs Satchel Black
Marc Jacobs Satchel Black
SKU: MJH01306
SKU: C361021 BLACK
The Marc Jacobs Satchel is perfect for the no nonsense kind of gal. Classic gold hardware adorns this pretty bag in 100% leather. Not one, but two exterior pockets and one exterior zippered compartment help you to efficiently stow away your goodies. Interior zippered compartment as well. Measures 10 1/2" H X 14" L X 6 1/2" W.

$975.00

Attachments

• AuspientImaging.jpg
    AuspientImaging.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 70
  • AuspientImaging0.jpg
    AuspientImaging0.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 77
Mia Leather Handbag
• White leather.
• Golden hardware and studs.
• Top handles with clips.
• Zip top.
• Front zip pocket; logo-stamped ID plate.
• Metal feet protect base of bag.
• 7"H x 13 1/2"W x 6 1/2"D.
• Made in Italy.
$895

Attachments

• 4571.jpg
    4571.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 76
Shoptwigs.com has Medium Mia for $875 ($100 less than regular retail).

MIA SATCHEL - APPLE GREEN
A reinvented classic, the Mia satchel's got what it takes to satisfy a girl's every need. Yummy soft Italian calfskin, signature Marc Jacobs style and a timeless look you'll never tire of! Made in Italy. 7" h x 13 1/2" w x 6 1/2" d.
price $875.00
Mia Satchel - Apple Green at Shoptwigs.com&

Attachments

• PAAAIAJBNOHCIDDI_a.jpg
    PAAAIAJBNOHCIDDI_a.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 75
  • PAAAIAJBNOHCIDDI_b.jpg
    PAAAIAJBNOHCIDDI_b.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 74
  • PAAAIAJBNOHCIDDI_c.jpg
    PAAAIAJBNOHCIDDI_c.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 67