How prices have changed

I bought my first Hermes bag in 1971 (a black box calf shoulder bag) for $100 in Paris. I bought my second bag--a chocolate brown box calf 32 cm Kelly retourne--in 1973 for $200 (sob). And I thought that was expensive!

I am wondering to myself, how many more crazy price hikes I am willing to accept before I say 'I'm out!' :Push:

Btw, get this, my kid recently asked me, 'Mummy, if you say that H is so durable and it lasts forever, why do you have so many?' Well, can't really answer that one, :shame:. DH chipped in as well, 'Yeah mummy, why do you need so many?' :rolleyes: Not the support I was looking for, :lol:.

What cost $550 in 1976 would cost $1990.84 in 2006.

According to an inflation calculator! This really makes me wonder if I should'nt just go ahead an buy a black birkin now, rather then later? Sigh.

I can foresee the annual increase in the new year will be more than than usual 3% or so. With the falling USD, European goods are slightly less expensive here than in the Continent so there will be an fx adjustment included in the annual increase! Gulp!

That is why I'll be picking up all the goodies they are keeping HOSTAGE for me before the end of the year!!! Have to pace my purchases so as not to see this look on DH's face :wtf::wtf::wtf:!!! Heh!

*bumping this thread for obvious reasons*

With the exception of this year, has the annual increase always been 3% or so in the past? :confused1: