How prices have changed

favorhermes

Sep 15, 2007
How long have you been buying hermes for? What were the prices of some of your earlier purchases compared to now? If you can remember, I thought it would be interesting to hear what you bought, when and how much it was.

I bought a trim bag (not sure of size but I think 31cm) in togo almost 4 years ago and it was 3200$. They are now 4400$? I think.

I remember kellys and birkins were less than $4K about 8 years ago. Now they're about 50% more. And in the case of chevre birkins, they're over $8K now for a 35cm.

30 cm matte Croc birkins were about $12,500 maybe 6 years ago, this year, they're $22K!!!

Today I bought an unused scarf from the mid-late 80s (I think?) with the original price tag on it. I paid $225, and the original price tag read $175. Feh. The 80s don't seem that long ago, either (at least to me)

I can foresee the annual increase in the new year will be more than than usual 3% or so. With the falling USD, European goods are slightly less expensive here than in the Continent so there will be an fx adjustment included in the annual increase! Gulp!

That is why I'll be picking up all the goodies they are keeping HOSTAGE for me before the end of the year!!! Have to pace my purchases so as not to see this look on DH's face :wtf::wtf::wtf:!!! Heh!

Seriously. If oil is hitting $100. Why shouldn't Hermes? In fact Chanel will be having a price increase pretty soon, or has it already?

Given the looming price increase, does it mean that we need to stock up on Hermes and other brand names? Hahaha, just being naughty!
:tup::yes::confused1::P:yahoo: