How Practical is the Velvet Marmont?

Bijouxlady

O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I just ordered the beautiful black velvet LOVED Marmont Flap. I have never owned a velvet bag so I am concerned about how it will wear. Trying to decide if I should just invest that amount of money in a leather Marmont. I would love to hear from others that own one of the velvet bags.

brenzgracie

Sep 2, 2016
I just ordered the beautiful black velvet LOVED Marmont Flap. I have never owned a velvet bag so I am concerned about how it will wear. Trying to decide if I should just invest that amount of money in a leather Marmont. I would love to hear from others that own one of the velvet bags.
I'm thinking of ordering this one, too! Where did you order from?

drdorann

Dec 25, 2016
I ordered mine from NM. It says it won't ship until November 7 though. Sometimes things that are on backorder arrive sooner. I hope that is the case with this.
Hi, I just saw it listed for sale at Saks and Gucci much earlier ship dates. I have a black and teal color velvet Marmont and have had no wear issues after using them several times. I love the velvet as I try to use less leather for ethical and environmental reasons. I get so many compliments on the bags. I never thought about spraying them with fabric protector and wonder if it would be too late to spray them now.

mmaya

Nov 30, 2014
Wow congrats on your purchase, I saw a youtube reveal of this same bag yesterday and it looks even prettier in the video!! the "LOVED" is in Pearls.. the pink interior is also so pretty .. I bet you could spray it and avoid issues with water.