How popular is Goyard?

I live in NYC and they are extremely popular here. The ones most people see on the street I would bet are fake however as they were the #1 knocked off bag in the City in 2007. I have 2 of them: a plum colored one and a white one as well as the white card case. I love them!

Also, they have been around for more than 2 years! They are actually older than Louis Vuitton and have been around since the 1800's. They are extremely classic but the reason that people are seeing more in the past 5 years is because of the boutique openings in the US and in other countries. In New York, you can get Goyards at Bergdorfs and Barneys. The cheapest one, the St. Louis PM is $980 now. When I got mine about 2 years ago it was about $700.

I live in NYC and they are extremely popular here. The ones most people see on the street I would bet are fake however as they were the #1 knocked off bag in the City in 2007. I have 2 of them: a plum colored one and a white one as well as the white card case. I love them!

Also, they have been around for more than 2 years! They are actually older than Louis Vuitton and have been around since the 1800's. They are extremely classic but the reason that people are seeing more in the past 5 years is because of the boutique openings in the US and in other countries. In New York, you can get Goyards at Bergdorfs and Barneys. The cheapest one, the St. Louis PM is $980 now. When I got mine about 2 years ago it was about $700.

Oops I'm sorry :smile: I meant they've been popular in the Philippines for about 2 years. Goyard started showing up here in around 2006 carried by some knowledgeable ladies. Now, the fakes are everywhere. The real ones are still exclusive though.

I've been seeing some moms at my kids' schools carrying mostly the St. Louis and Fidji. White is quite a popular color here although I've seen some black and tans, greens and yellows.

There have been a few articles in popular local fashion magazines featuring Goyard collectors, the most prominent of which are 3 society and business ladies. In a country where LV is king, it's refreshing for me to see something different. I don't have an LV myself but sprung for a Goyard when a friend had one available.

I am dying for a Goyard, but I don't want a hand held. I want a bag that can go over my shoulder, and not the open St. Louis tote style. I hope to check them out next time I'm in NY.

try the fidgi. it's a hobo that's shoulder-held, and it's probably the most lightweight bag i've ever had. :woohoo: it's especially nice in white, black and yellow, in my opinion.. and more reasonably priced... :tup:

I got mine from Bergdorf and it's a Croisiere 35 in black which is cheaper than what you would pay for in other colors (like blue, green, etc.). It is hand-held but you can purchase a strap for around $300 depending on the color. Again, the basic black costs less.

I've never seen one IRL either before I purchased mine but I've seen some pictures on the forum. There are really good pictures. Too bad though that the search forum is not available at the moment.

I also bought the St. Louis PM tote but found our that it isn't for me. I opted for the LV Neverfull instead. Both bags are very similar.

Goodluck in whatver bag you choose. I can guarantee that you won't regret it. Hope this helps.

I have been eyeing the goyards lately too. Question though: is the mono canvas sort of pebbly in texture like the LV mono is or is it completely smooth and shiny?

I have been eyeing the goyards lately too. Question though: is the mono canvas sort of pebbly in texture like the LV mono is or is it completely smooth and shiny?

I'm taking a good look at my Croisiere right now... It's not that smooth but not that pebbly either. There's some texture to it that follows the chevron, sort of like tiny hatch marks :smile: The trimmings are smooth though although the side trimmings seem like they have embossed lines going lengthwise.

I guess it really depends on where you are, but overall, I don't care for Goyard's quality. You pay a bundle for a wimpy bag, and their hand stitching can be quite awful. Given the price, I find that inexcusable.

I also live in the Philippines and it's beginning to catch up. When I went to Vegas last week I've seen only 2, mine makes 3.

But when you get to use and hold one it's really something. It doesn't look much visually but it's a totally different thing when you run your fingers through the patterns. It feels so rich and soft.

I am dying for a Goyard, but I don't want a hand held. I want a bag that can go over my shoulder, and not the open St. Louis tote style. I hope to check them out next time I'm in NY.

Same category here too. I bought a sky blue fidji and am so happy with it. With the same contents, the fidji definitely is easy to carry around vs the croisiere 35 (which I also have in black). The croisiere, I have to say, looks fierce. Which is probably why the 45 is popular with men.

The Fidji I took around sightseeing and never had problems carrying stuff around including brochures, maps, extra foldable canvas tote, etc acquired along the way. Including bottled water. The more you use it the slouchier and softer it becomes. It's like it totally morphed into a better thing from the time it's purchased.

The Croisiere I lugged on a very long haul flight and boy is it heavy. No bottled water there. Even with the shoulder strap it felt heavy. Contents are long wallet, sunglasses, eyeglasses, small makeup bag, tissue, small notebook, small wipes, canvas foldable tote, passport and some small papers - same contents in my Fidji.

For errands or marathon shopping I'd def use the Fidji.

For a business lunch or office - I'd use the Croisiere 35.

Good luck! :tup:

I have only seen one Goyard around here where I live and I nearly fainted when I saw that one. OF course when I struck up a conversation with her I found out she was on vacation and actually lived in New York (big surprise). But other than that lone sighting, I never see Goyard. Many people compliment me on my Goyard tote, but they get a blank stare when I tell them the name. And if they ask the price and I tell them I practically have to pick their jaws up off the floor. :rolleyes: