How patient are you when selling your items for something new?

Jordyaddict

Feb 3, 2014
Hi All

I was wondering how patient you are when selling your items to fund something new? I recently decided to see two items I never use to fund a new small cross body bag for my holiday next week so I wanted to go and buy the bag at the end of this week.

Here's the thing I've sold one item :yahoo: then I sold the second but then got let down on payment and have had to relist the second item :pout:

This means at the moment I now don't have the full amount I wanted for my new purchase.

So when you decide to sell do you normally wait until everything it sold to buy the bag or do you go and buy the new bag straight away then then repay the money once your items are sold?

No patience hear either. I'm selling and buying at the same time....I know I should be good and wait but it's soooo hard. And with all the talk about the upcoming price increase, it doesn't make it any easier. Good luck to you!

I typically buy first. especially if it is a limited edition or soon-to-be-discontinued item. Not to mention I want to make sure I get the right price for the items I'm trying to sell. With that said you don't want to be bag poor. If you have the funds to comfortably buy now and await the second item to sell then go for it.

Not a lot of patience that is why I started selling to Yoogi's or Fashionphile. I get the quote immediately and then send my item in - usually takes about two weeks from initial quote to receive the money if not sooner. I will start looking at what I am interested in as soon as I think of selling but do not actually buy until after I get my final quote of having received my item. So I do buy before money is in hand and just pay it towards where ever I took it from. Have to have final quote first though.

Not a lot of patience that is why I started selling to Yoogi's or Fashionphile. I get the quote immediately and then send my item in - usually takes about two weeks from initial quote to receive the money if not sooner. I will start looking at what I am interested in as soon as I think of selling but do not actually buy until after I get my final quote of having received my item. So I do buy before money is in hand and just pay it towards where ever I took it from. Have to have final quote first though.

+1! I used to use ebay but it is such a hassle now a days and the fees are absurd. I stick with yoogis or fashionphile.

Well I'm please to say I never had to wait long, I just sold my bag and sent it off and have already received the money in my bank :yahoo:

So my trip to London for Louis Vuitton is still on for tomorrow or Friday. Now I need to decide which bag Eva or pochette Nm with the strap and then in either damier ebene or monogram!! :girlsigh:

I'm considering selling a bag that I never use anymore & contributing the funds to a more classic style purse that I'm likely to still want in a decade if I take good care of it. I wouldn't sell anything I was presently in love with though! I'd just save up longer if I thought that selling would lead to purse regret

Well I'm please to say I never had to wait long, I just sold my bag and sent it off and have already received the money in my bank :yahoo:

So my trip to London for Louis Vuitton is still on for tomorrow or Friday. Now I need to decide which bag Eva or pochette Nm with the strap and then in either damier ebene or monogram!! :girlsigh:
YAY!!! Congrats. Can't wait to see the reveal. And in regards to your original question, I'm going to attempt to sell for my first time to Fashionphile or Yoogi's. I say attempt because it depends on what my offer is. But, I am waiting to buy until I sell this item or save a little more first, only because I'm on the fence about what trumps what on the wish list.

I have no patience either. I just bought myself a new something last Saturday. I'm waiting to reveal until my sales team hits target for the month we are super close so everyone cross their fingers for me today and tomorrow I'll do a very special "limited" reveal....