how on earth can i get cigarette odour out of my birkin??

Jessica Rabbit

Hermes/Chanel 4 life
Mar 5, 2010
i was absolutely desperate for a blue jean with gold 35 birkin.. i tried with hermes toronto after i bought my gold on gold brand new from the boutique.. i developed a great relationship with my SA, however, if any blue jeans came in, he sure as hell didn't call me.. and i kept following up, but to no avail, the birks didn't show up for me...

so i found this great deal on a blue jean, that needs work.. perhaps i'll ship it to the spa and say adios for the next 6 months. but does anyone know how on earth to get the smell out? it smells of cigarettes and g-d knows what life that birkin had before me.

heres the link, for anyone who's curious. http://www.ebay.com/itm/22091775641...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_9563wt_1135
looking forward to your responses :smile:

pursecrzy

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
The Cottage
I'm sorry to hear your new to you bag smells like cigarettes :yucky::yucky:

Go to the reference section. There is a sticky called vintage bag nightmares. Search it using the word smell and you'll find a solution.

Good Luck!

Jessica Rabbit

Hermes/Chanel 4 life
Mar 5, 2010
I'm sorry to hear your new to you bag smells like cigarettes :yucky::yucky:

Go to the reference section. There is a sticky called vintage bag nightmares. Search it using the word smell and you'll find a solution.

Good Luck!
ohh good to know!! i will definitely check.. thanks a bunch!! btw, if you look at the link i originally posted, does that look like togo? i know it says that it is togo but my gold on gold togo looks more matte, larger grains and is veiny, whereas this one is none of those things..

BHmommy

O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
city of angels
If you look further down on the item description it says the bag is courcheval, which explains why it might look so different than your Togo.

Good luck with getting the smoke smell out.

Jessica Rabbit

Hermes/Chanel 4 life
Mar 5, 2010
If you look further down on the item description it says the bag is courcheval, which explains why it might look so different than your Togo.

Good luck with getting the smoke smell out.
yup saw that, but its clearly a mistake as courcheval is no longer produced and looks more similar to epsom. this one is definitely not courcheval..

BHmommy

O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
city of angels
Oh right, looked more closely at the pics and it's definitely not courcheval as incorrectly stated in the description. It actually does look like Togo to me. Or possibly clemence- I'm not enough of an expert to tell between the two.

Love Blue Jean with ghw!

tumtum

Mar 29, 2007
I had a pre-owned Bolide with cigarette smell before. What I did was first I took the bag out of the dust bag and box and let it sit to air out the smell a bit. I then washed the dust bag as I found the smell in it to be very strong. I had also thrown out the Hermes box that it came in and replaced it with another empty Hermes box that I had (I always sell my H bags without selling the boxes so always have a few extra boxes lying around), as the smell was even in the tissue paper.

After doing all the above, the cigarette smell is hardly noticeable, I would say 95% of it has been removed.

Sofis2011

Mar 17, 2011
London
Apparently corn starch removes cigarette smell... sprinkle inside the bag, leave over night and vacuum out the next day- repeat if required?