How old were you when you married?

wickedassin said:
Ok, now I feel SUPER old! I'm 31 and NOT married! :P
my mother was 36. my father proposed on their second date, and they were married 6 months to the day after they met. it lasted 42 years, until my father's death.

serendipity3kb said:
Not old! All good things happen at the right time!

lol, thanks for all the positive energy, ladies! I'm usually ok with the single status--but it just hit me that I'm the last single one left!!! At work and amongst my friends! Ack! Good thing I'm not baby crazy :P

I figure whatever is meant to be will happen. However, I'm starting to plant seeds in my friend's minds. I've told them that when I turn 40 or become partner at a firm, I will be throwing myself a party (ala wedding reception/baby shower/wedding shower/etc.) and will be registering at Tiffanys--but ONLY for gift cards. :lol:

I'm actually joking about the idea--but watching that Sex in the City episode where SJP lost her shoes and calculated the cost of all her gifts had me thinking :P

ILoveCoach said:
Does married life agree with you ladies? I question everyday whether I should take the plunge or not, it's a scary thing!!

It is a scary thing. I was married at age 25 and now it has been 2 years. i have the same thought myself. Good to know I'm not alone.

im 24 at the moment, if i dont get married in the next 5 years i dont think i'll be getting married - to my parents disappointment.... but they say already, "the ship has sailed - nobody wants old goods" :weird:

helenNZ said:
im 24 at the moment, if i dont get married in the next 5 years i dont think i'll be getting married - to my parents disappointment.... but they say already, "the ship has sailed - nobody wants old goods" :weird:
STOP THAT!!! Your ship hasn't even been built!!!!!!

Married at 37, but I was friends with the hubby for about 8 years. If I had married every idiot I was engaged to, I would have been divorced 3 times by the age of 30! My hubby was worth the wait!

mya said:
Noriko,

You'll never know....touch wood for you on that. I hope you'll find your man, and soon too.

hehe yeah, hopefully its soon or I'm totally giving up. Its just depressing having so many lonely Valentines days, xmas' etc. I figure that if I'm not looking, there really isn't any reason to feel lonely. Plus, there is an old Japanese adage "women and xmas cake aren't good after the 25th" :lol: which means that a lot of traditional Japanese males will be out of my league by that time anyway:evil: :Push:

It would rock to have a wedding though, I already have my gown designed in my head :shame: :lol:

I have an amazing boyfriend and I'm very happy. I don't see myself getting married for awhile though. I'm 20 and this is an uncertain time in my life...I gotta figure out my own future and purpose, no sense in complicating that with someone else's, although I absolutely adore my man, we'll see what the next few years hold.
haste is bad.
my co-worker is 19, just married the father of her unborn baby, a 37 year old pothead. it saddened me.